Help with Xbox360 Controllers on PSU PC

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Help with Xbox360 Controllers on PSU PC

Postby RickHol » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:04 pm

I been trying to use my Xbox 360 controller for my PSU PC version i gotten it to work and all that but i where wondering the 2 Trigger buttons (LT & RT) wont register becuse i belive the reason they beion Analog like the controll sticks and not tecnically buttons so im wondering if anyone knows a workaround or a fix for this?

Thanks for your help
RickHol

Re: Help with Xbox360 Controllers on PSU PC

Postby shade » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:38 pm

RickHol wrote:i where wondering the 2 Trigger buttons (LT & RT) wont register becuse i belive the reason they beion Analog like the controll sticks and not tecnically buttons
You're right. It's exactly because of this, and the incapacity of the game to "convert" the analogic signal into a discrete signal, that the trigger buttons can't be used as buttons.

That said, I think it exists several ways to get your gamepad working like you'd like. Personaly, I choose to use the Masahiko Morii drivers :
Xbox 360 Controller
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
(if you're under W8, you can use the W7 version, it works fine)

Sorry for the lack of explainations on how to install, configure and use them, but they aren't that hard to use. Plus I'd think it less painfull to figure by yourself how to use thezm than to wait explainations from me D:
But if you really need help with those, you always can ask me, I'll do my best.
shade

Postby RickHol » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

shade wrote:
RickHol wrote:i where wondering the 2 Trigger buttons (LT & RT) wont register becuse i belive the reason they beion Analog like the controll sticks and not tecnically buttons
You're right. It's exactly because of this, and the incapacity of the game to "convert" the analogic signal into a discrete signal, that the trigger buttons can't be used as buttons.

That said, I think it exists several ways to get your gamepad working like you'd like. Personaly, I choose to use the Masahiko Morii drivers :
Xbox 360 Controller

Sorry for the lack of explainations on how to install, configure and use them, but they aren't that hard to use. Plus I'd think it less painfull to figure by yourself how to use thezm than to wait explainations from me D:

awsome but jusst one problem i cant get it to start when i klick on the programs i got so am i missing something? and yes i have windows 8
RickHol

Postby shade » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Ah ! Don't use the program.

1. Plug your Xbox 360 Controller to your computer
2. Go to : Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Device Manager
3. Find and select your controler, then chose to update its driver
4. Then, install the driver you've downloaded (Browse my computer for driver software → Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer → Have Disk)

Once it's installed, you'll get a new game controller configuration software which let you configure the pad like you want.
shade

Postby RickHol » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:53 pm

shade wrote:Ah ! Don't use the program.

1. Plug your Xbox 360 Controller to your computer
2. Go to : Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Device Manager
3. Find and select your controler, then chose to update its driver
4. Then, install the driver you've downloaded (Browse my computer for driver software → Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer → Have Disk)

Once it's installed, you'll get a new game controller configuration software which let you configure the pad like you want.

ah okay thanks Xp im relly no good with drivers and things like that, so now its unfortunate that i cant figure out how to get the triggers to still work as they normally do at the same time as being registered as buttons :/
RickHol

Postby shade » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Under "Triggers", remap the Left & Right Triggers as button.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to export the controller schemes, and I've no idea of where they're stored on the PC. But there's my configuration, if it's help :
A Button : Button 3
B Button : Button 4
X Button : Button 1
Y Button : Button 2
LB Button : Button 5
RB Button : Button 6
Start Button : Button 12
Back Button : Button 11
Left Thumbstick Button : Button 8
Right Thumbstick Button : Button 10
Xbox Guide Button : Button 14
Left Trigger : Button 7
Right Trigger : Button 9

I don't remember if I've modified the Thumbsticks default values. Anyway, I've :
Left Thumbstick : X Axis / Y Axis
Right Thumbstick : Z Axis / Z Rotation
shade

Postby RickHol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:38 am

I where gonna say you lost me there but then i figured it out Xp and now i understand the program alot better and becuse i do understand it now i love it ^^ thank you for all the Help shade

Edit: oh jusst noticed that my games that normally reacts to my controller no longer does so (in Steam mainly) so anything i can do to fix that?
RickHol

Postby shade » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 am

RickHol wrote:oh jusst noticed that my games that normally reacts to my controller no longer does so (in Steam mainly) so anything i can do to fix that?
You have to set a controller schemes for each game or, if possible, each kind of game (example : Steam games ; if they all use a same buttons pattern). I haven't really looked into this matter because, on PC, I mainly play games that don't require controller, excepted PSU. But each time I needed to use a controller, thanks to this driver, I was able to use my X360 controller, even when the game is (really) old. It's very convenient to be able to configure it totally and exactly like we'd like.

I advice you to create a shortcut for the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" thing located in "Devices & Printers" (Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Devices & Printers). Like that, you can create and altern between controller schemes easily and quickly.
shade

Postby RickHol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 am

shade wrote:You have to set a controller schemes for each game or, if possible, each kind of game (example : Steam games ; if they all use a same buttons pattern). I haven't really looked into this matter because, on PC, I mainly play games that don't require controller, excepted PSU. But each time I needed to use a controller, thanks to this driver, I was able to use my X360 controller, even when the game is (really) old. It's very convenient to be able to configure it totally and exactly like we'd like.

I advice you to create a shortcut for the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" thing located in "Devices & Printers" (Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Devices & Printers). Like that, you can create and altern between controller schemes easily and quickly.

Normally when i play games on Steam that have Gamepad suport from the Xbox360 controller i jusst plug it in and run the game and it usually allready have everything mapped out for me so i dont need to change any settings in any menue related to the game and usually the game dont even have a button configuration :/ so im lost here and have no clue what im supose to be doing and the onley thing that works for me is to ''reinstal'' the old controller Drivers my and many other peoples computers have by defult for Xbox360 controllers
RickHol

Postby KanameChidori » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:32 am

shade wrote:

Xbox 360 Controller

Completely off topic but that made me laugh. I read that as "If you're under weight) like 3 times, I was lost for a minute. lol
KanameChidori

Next

Return to PSU Modding