AOTI's Mysterious Missing Weapons!?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

AOTI's Mysterious Missing Weapons!?

Postby KittyNazuna » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 pm

I was learning how to alter weapon code today, trying to get some of the unavailable offline weapons, but I noticed the code list for weapons is incomplete. I tried to follow the patterns for weapons, but I couldn't find any new codes. My question to the experts of the EGS is.... Why are bananas yellow.... and where are all of the weapon codes? Did Lupin III take them? :shock:
KittyNazuna

Re: AOTI's Mysterious Missing Weapons!?

Postby Zaix » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Bananas are yellow because Lupin III stole those weapon codes. No other reason.
Zaix

Postby Agrajag » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Store-bought bananas are bright yellow as a byproduct of the artificial ripening process. Wild ones can be a variety of colors, to help them be noticed by animals (which are used to scatter the plant's seeds).

The weapons are missing because they don't have stats for offline. While they may or may not have at some point existed for the offline mode (the perfect bible lists rarities that are often nowhere near the online ones), they didn't make it to the final game.
Agrajag

Postby KittyNazuna » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Woah.....that was needlessly and amazingly informative. Thank you kind sir~!
KittyNazuna

Postby Raidus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Yep, that's exactly it. Very similar to how there's some items that are offline only/have different names offline, or entirely different stats. My current main examples being the Rapia Fluge SUV weapon (called the Vivienne Wings online), and the Anga Jabroga axe PA. (listed as ~150% damage online on pso-world, but is at 600% damage at L5 offline. did anyone say broken? (2 shots bosses 10 levels higher))
Raidus

Postby KittyNazuna » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 am

That reminds me, I one shot the dragon boss using that technique. I even made a video of the game.....unfortunately fraps doesn't seem to like PSU, so the whole thing went in slow motion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VLk#t=335s But this is a boss 1 hit with the axe.
KittyNazuna

Postby Macman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 pm

You can one-shot Dulk Fakis with Jabroga offline.
Macman

Postby Sakarisei » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Yep, even in S-Rank with light attribute...
Sakarisei

Postby Macman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Don't even need the light attribute, I used a neutral ank buti and was able to kill both forms with a just attack jabroga on a beast.
Macman

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Offline PAs were modified to fit the idea of having normal attacks be what you were generally using, then PAs would have been more rare (think "use the full normal combo and then the PA", at least). It's pretty clear when you notice that most weapons (ignoring a few of the AotI ones that just got dropped in without being modified to fit the curve) have 100-300 PP and 1 regen per tick, compared to the 200-500 PP and 6-10 PP regen per tick online.

Unfortunately, Jabroga already fit that particular usage pattern and was scarily strong online, but it got the same rebalance everything else did anyway...
Agrajag

Next

Return to PSU Modding