【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: 【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Postby shade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 am

You certainly own western version of games. These patches were designed to work with the JP ver. of games, physically if you own it, or digitally, that can be downloaded from the first post.
shade

Postby DGEv_XJMW » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:22 pm

shade wrote:You certainly own western version of games. These patches were designed to work with the JP ver. of games, physically if you own it, or digitally, that can be downloaded from the first post.

So in other words I need to download a JP version of PSU and run that patch to be able to play it?
I always run the patch in administrator, otherwise it wouldn't even start.
DGEv_XJMW

Postby shade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Yup. And run the patch as administrator (it's because you've installed the game in the windows "program files" folder ; but if you can install it on other drive, you'd better do that).
shade

Postby DGEv_XJMW » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 am

Alright, thanks for the help. So, I need to download the files listed above the patch (for both games) and then I'll be able to play the game?
So much for getting the hard copies. :P
DGEv_XJMW

Postby shade » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Exactly. DL the JP ver. of games with their patch, install games (outside C:\ and/or Program Files if possible), patche them (in case of, run batch as administrator), and you're done.

Sure it's a little bit complicated/annoying for people who already own western physical copies of PSU, but :
- though redistributing JP copies of games is not exactly legal (I don't own any exploitation right on these game), I just continue to distribute a game that SEGA JP has distributed for free and publicly in the past (the patch/crack is an other subject...) ;
- updated JP version of the game as much more contents than has any western version (although everything is not currently available in game) ;
- for this reason, D&H will be/is based on the JP version, like Clémentine is. And it make things much more easier for players to already use this version when it comes to update/patch it (bringing the JP contents over the western ver. would be overcomplicated, boring, may break things, etc...).
shade

Postby DGEv_XJMW » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 pm

I see your point and can't really disagree with that. I'm glad I at least found some way to play this game. It's been four years since me and a friend bought it for ourselves to play and realized it's no longer able to be played. I'm sure he will be happy too, to get to know that he can play this game as well.
On another note; Do you think I could potentially replace the files on the DVD-ROM for the western copy of the game with the JP version files? I'd like to try, would give the disk more meaning if it was playable too, you know?
I might try it. But for now, I guess I'll just directly install the games. Thanks for the help in resolving my 4-year old issue. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a clanmate to thank as well for leading me here. o/ :D
DGEv_XJMW

Postby shade » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:55 pm

shade

Postby DGEv_XJMW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 am

shade wrote:Here's what you wished.

:shock: Is there something you DON'T HAVE?!?
DGEv_XJMW

Postby KogSoxer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:39 am

Thanks for this. I just want to confirm. I downloaded the Aoti client and the psuilumInst patch and can play the game properly, but not sure if its fully updated. Do I need to download the 2.0014.30.7 patch too, or does that come integrated in the psuilumInst ?
KogSoxer

Postby Parallaxed » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

With the 1080p exe-- has anyone been able to get the UI to scale to 1080p or above yet?

Asking for a friend 👀
Parallaxed

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding