【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: 【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Postby gilberd » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm

How do you play this game in Japanese? After I installed the patch, The entire game is in English. I checked the settings file in AppData and it is set to J but the game is still completely in English other than the launcher.
gilberd

Postby shade » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 am

I've updated the first post : I hope this makes things clearer.

I've also updated all patches (the japanese one and the international one for PSU and the japanese one and the international one for PSU:AotI) to solve a compatibility problem that could appear when the %PATH% didn't contained "C:\Windows\System32" and/or when xcopy.exe wasn't possessed. Sounds weird, but that happened...

Now, for the international patches for PSU and PSU:AotI, PSU.ini and PSUIlluminus.ini are automatically edited, language is set to AE. If you want to set your game in F or G , although it probably never be supported by D&H or Clem', you've to manually edit your *.ini. Press Windows + R then input (without the quotes) :
"%LOCALAPPDATA%\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE\Psu.ini" for PSU
"%LOCALAPPDATA%\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini" for PSU :AotI
Then replace the "AE" on the "Language" line by the letters corresponding to the language you'd like to use ("F" or "G"). And don't forget to save your changes.

Also, patches for PSU:AotI - JP & Int. - aren't called "Offline Patch" any longer. With the permission of Marmelade, this patch now includes the exe required to play online on the unofficial PSU:AotI PC server, Clémentine. From now, when you patch your JP ver. of PSU:AotI, it not only translates it in AE/F/G (or J) and grants access to the Offline Mode, but also allow you to play online directly.

I'll continue to track here and there comments made on the patch, problems that happen with their uses and also progress made on D&H and Clémentine to improve these patches, to make them as simple as possible to use while keeping some specificities (for exemple, for transparency reasons, I don't want to create executable), I want them to make games compatible with the maximum of projects, I want them to be sort of "all-in-one" patches easy to use.

More PSU:AotI will be easy to get/install/patch/play, more the game distribution will be important, more the game will be alive despite SEGA's attempt to kill it, and more people like PSUmods or Clémentine staff will have reason to continue what they do. It may even persuade some other to "work" on this game.

Edit :
gilberd wrote:How do you play this game in Japanese? After I installed the patch, The entire game is in English. I checked the settings file in AppData and it is set to J but the game is still completely in English other than the launcher.
Sorry. I haven't noticed your message till today D:
You've to use other patches, available there :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=465
And for these patches, you don't have to edit the settings file in AppData.
All of this because of how the cracks work.

Although for PSU:InY, I'd like to find a better way to launch it in JP instead of the trick I use : I wouldn't have to replace original files by modified ones.
shade

Postby stangirl87 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am

Ok, I have downloaded the setup.exe and respective .bin files to a folder on my desktop. Included are screen shots. The problem comes when I try to run the setup file. It is still in Jp so I can't understand what the error is (even after running unicode blah through control panel). I let it select whatever files it wants to download too but it then gives me an error of somekind and I can't get past it. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

I have also tried changing the destination folder for the dl with no sucess.
Attachments
SC7.png
SC7.png (49.55 KiB) Viewed 90059 times
SC8.png
SC8.png (63.44 KiB) Viewed 90059 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (25.49 KiB) Viewed 90059 times
stangirl87

Postby Shina » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:03 am

How do I have the options in English.
Shina

Postby shade » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 am

If you don't have the launcher in english, it means the patch didn't worked for you.

An bug on what was supposed to correct a very rare issue was reported (to don't have path set on "C:\Windows\System32" and/or to don't have cscript.exe and/or xcopy.exe), and it has been fixed.

Sorry for you, but you'd better uninstall your game, download the new version of the patch (the *.7z or the self-extracting one ; they are both fixed) and re-apply it.

Once again, my apologies for troubles occasioned.
shade

Postby Jordy Taylor » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Hey quick question. Can anyone direct me to how to setup an xbox controller for PSU? Thank you.
Jordy Taylor

Postby TurtleRecon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:50 am

What does download Patch 2.0014.30 do and what part of that download do I put into the DATA folder because I'm really lost.

Also I see people on YouTube that can get to level 200 and have a lot of the weapons on the game, and I'm asking how do I get that? I want to be able to play the game as close to what it was before it was closed down.
TurtleRecon

Postby CynderBlaze » Sun May 10, 2015 11:26 am

Hi. I would like to report a problem that has been annoying the crap outta me for 2 days. Whenever i download the files needed to run the setup and then run it, i always come across this error. I've tried re-downloading and running it under Japanese locale and as an administrator but nothing worked. Can someone give me a solution to this please. ANY help would be awesome. (I've uploaded an image with the problem and the files. And to reference the same problem merovingian had, none of the files were renamed.)

CynderBlaze

Postby DS_Nadine » Thu May 14, 2015 2:37 am

I just found the site and installed and patched my game (thx btw.!) but before I start the game and sink my time into it (again) I have an important question on my mind... wich kind of isn't explicitly answered here.

I see, that the offline patch let's me start the game as it was... only offline. But is EP3 also be playable offline?

Back when the game was new I played EP2 offline only to play it again online so that my level would be high enough for EP3. And when I was in the midst of EP3 my savegame was deleted by SEGA after my subscription ended (for one day, the next day I paid another month and my game was lost).

I don't want to start EP2 offline for the third time and not be able to Play EP3. :-D
DS_Nadine

Postby KanameChidori » Thu May 14, 2015 3:33 am

DS_Nadine wrote:I just found the site and installed and patched my game (thx btw.!) but before I start the game and sink my time into it (again) I have an important question on my mind... wich kind of isn't explicitly answered here.

I see, that the offline patch let's me start the game as it was... only offline. But is EP3 also be playable offline?

Back when the game was new I played EP2 offline only to play it again online so that my level would be high enough for EP3. And when I was in the midst of EP3 my savegame was deleted by SEGA after my subscription ended (for one day, the next day I paid another month and my game was lost).

I don't want to start EP2 offline for the third time and not be able to Play EP3. :-D

EP3 is not available yet. You should just hold off on putting in the time. I believe saves are going to be compatible but I'm not 100% on this. I think it was stated that your current saves would carry over with the patch. So you could beat EP2 and wait for EP3 and use your save.
KanameChidori

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding