PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby DJEmergency » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Unofficial Mac Wineskin Port

Here it is! It's all packaged nicely for anybody to use. This is a Wineskin Port of the game and it's available in torrent form.
I created a package and everything so it should be good. Just click and drag to the Applications folder and play!

The game is already setup to connect to EGS's Server. Just connect and play. (currently the server is down, but will be up when it is.)
Enjoy!


http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7071877

and for a video preview you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZM3Iahi64

Credits go to the people that created WINE and Wineskin. Without them this wouldn't have happened!
Last edited by DJEmergency on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DJEmergency
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby essen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:24 pm

In a couple weeks I think.
User avatar
essen
Site Admin
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby essen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm

How did you make this port?
User avatar
essen
Site Admin
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby solarboymatt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm curious about that too. If this is the real deal, then I'm impressed.
User avatar
solarboymatt
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby Cisce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:07 am

EDIT:

He's using WINE to run it, he posted a video on the WINE discussion forums about the progress of getting PSOBB working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDnD6eBEL4

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port" in the slightest. You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum. You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own. This requires little to no talent and you should be ashamed.
User avatar
Cisce
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 am

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:13 am

Yes it's a Mac port using wine, but to get things working you have to remember that it's not as easy as installing it with wine and then running it. You have to figure out what it all needs to run it. The port is complete and need to figure out where to upload it to.
DJEmergency
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 am

Krigo wrote:EDIT:

He's using WINE to run it, he posted a video on the WINE discussion forums about the progress of getting PSOBB working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDnD6eBEL4

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port" in the slightest. You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum. You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own. This requires little to no talent and you should be ashamed.


You should be ashamed for talking to me like that. You went to every message board that I posted and bashed me. I find it a bit rude. Instead why don't you just ask if it's a wine port? Instead of judging something u have no clue about? yea? Also does it not take awhile to figure out how to get things running inside wine? This is crazy how you talk like that. I worked on this to make it simpler for Mac users and this is how u bash me? This is non-sense dude.. Instead of talking trash on the internet to somebody trying to help the community why not say "Thank you?" and for your information credit is included into the app of the makers of wine.
DJEmergency
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby Cisce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 am

DJEmergency wrote:
Krigo wrote:EDIT:

He's using WINE to run it, he posted a video on the WINE discussion forums about the progress of getting PSOBB working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDnD6eBEL4

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port" in the slightest. You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum. You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own. This requires little to no talent and you should be ashamed.


You should be ashamed for talking to me like that. You went to every message board that I posted and bashed me. I find it a bit rude. Instead why don't you just ask if it's a wine port? Instead of judging something u have no clue about? yea? Also does it not take awhile to figure out how to get things running inside wine? This is crazy how you talk like that. I worked on this to make it simpler for Mac users and this is how u bash me? This is non-sense dude.. Instead of talking trash on the internet to somebody trying to help the community why not say "Thank you?" and for your information credit is included into the app of the makers of wine.


You make it sound far worse than it really was. I went onto Ultima PSO after someone linked the thread in the IRC. If you originally stated that it was running on WINE instead of claiming it was an actual port I wouldn't have behaved like that. However, I do apologize for my behavior as I came off as a dick in the post. However my point still stays. You came onto the forum claiming that you ported the game natively to Mac where in reality you were running it in WINE.

And to make it clear: I've used WINE for 5 years on Linux machines, however I didn't exactly have many problems running AOTI in Linux in the slightest other than copying an EXE to get rid of GameGuard. If you said that you packaged together PSO and PSU with WINE for convenience it'd be the truth but you claimed that it was a full port including PSO: one game that isn't even compatible with WINE past the login.
User avatar
Cisce
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 am

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 am

Krigo wrote:
DJEmergency wrote:
Krigo wrote:EDIT:

He's using WINE to run it, he posted a video on the WINE discussion forums about the progress of getting PSOBB working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDnD6eBEL4

I'm sorry but this is hardly a "port" in the slightest. You've just packaged both of the games together with Wine from what I'm assuming from you're videos and your post on the WINE forum. You didn't exactly put any form of effort into this other than the icons, this isn't your work in the slightest: If anything you're taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own. This requires little to no talent and you should be ashamed.


You should be ashamed for talking to me like that. You went to every message board that I posted and bashed me. I find it a bit rude. Instead why don't you just ask if it's a wine port? Instead of judging something u have no clue about? yea? Also does it not take awhile to figure out how to get things running inside wine? This is crazy how you talk like that. I worked on this to make it simpler for Mac users and this is how u bash me? This is non-sense dude.. Instead of talking trash on the internet to somebody trying to help the community why not say "Thank you?" and for your information credit is included into the app of the makers of wine.


You make it sound far worse than it really was. I went onto Ultima PSO after someone linked the thread in the IRC. If you originally stated that it was running on WINE instead of claiming it was an actual port I wouldn't have behaved like that. However, I do apologize for my behavior as I came off as a dick in the post. However my point still stays. You came onto the forum claiming that you ported the game natively to Mac where in reality you were running it in WINE.

And to make it clear: I've used WINE for 5 years on Linux machines, however I didn't exactly have many problems running AOTI in Linux in the slightest other than copying an EXE to get rid of GameGuard. If you said that you packaged together PSO and PSU with WINE for convenience it'd be the truth but you claimed that it was a full port including PSO: one game that isn't even compatible with WINE past the login.


Where did I say I didn't use WINE? and I didn't say that I take full credit on porting it. The only things I did was to get it to work with WINE and created a nice package for it to be easier for people to use. To make things easier I'll just add information to the videos and posts, but next time instead of coming out like that just ask. There's no need to point fingers and start accuse people of stuff when you don't know. Thank you.
DJEmergency
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby Cisce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:17 am

DJEmergency wrote:Where did I say I didn't use WINE? and I didn't say that I take full credit on porting it.


Before you edited the first post, you claimed that you just finished working on a Mac OSX port of Phantasy Star Universe that would be compatible with EGS on it's release.

However, you've now changed the original post to say that it's a 'WINE Port'. You used the program WineSkin to create an OSX application for Phantasy Star Universe You came onto a Server forum claiming that you ported over the game. However, you need to keep in mind that PSU is still screwy with WINE despite the fact that it's compatible and PSO isn't even playable.

Also, It probably would've been a better option to package it with the Japanese version instead of the English version of the game. Considering the Japanese one is now released for free and releasing the English version for free would be pretty much be warez or copyright infringement.
User avatar
Cisce
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 am

Next

Return to PSU Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron