EGS Feedback Thread

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: EGS Feedback Thread

Postby Raidus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

That is one way, but currently there's a 10 cap on them, and having them like PSO allows for more than that, though at that penalty. I might suggest maybe just keep them how they are, but maybe just lower the stack count.
Raidus

Postby LightDark » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 pm

strikecentral wrote:About the Scape Dolls issue you guys presented earlier: How about doing what PSO did by having each one take up one whole inventory space? That way if a player wants to take a ton in, they would have less room for drops. But with 60 inventory spaces, they might take a bunch in anyways. Just a thought.

Because that is pointless to do and 90% of players on PSO didn't carry Scape Dolls anyways. The idea is to force players to bring Scape Dolls and, at the same time, allowing Moon Atomizers/X to actually be used. So lowering the max amount that can be carried is one way of going about it, as will increasing the penalty for missions if someone dies without Scape Dolls.

Basically, you can't eliminate all relevant stat differences betwen the races without invalidating the purpose of their existance in the first place. Maybe simply eliminate the bonuses certain class/race combos got, relying purely on stats.

But the "purpose" IS the issue though, hence the need to modify the stats and tone it down completely; it's just a matter of how to do that that is up for debate. They are many factors to consider but the end result requires that all races are balanced with as minimal differences as possible.
LightDark

Postby essen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 am

About scape dolls, I don't intend to limit the number in inventory, however I do intend to limit scape use at 1 per mission per player, or global at 3 per party, or something to that effect.
essen
Site Admin

Postby PsychoJolteon » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 am

Rising the difficulty, are we?

Well, I do have one question: From what I heard, when the servers were up, you couldn't change your costume without hacking. When they do come back up, will I be able to simply buy the costumes?
Rly?
RLY?
Rly?
PsychoJolteon

Postby Raidus » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 am

That's something that will come with work, as the server is still in its early stages. The need to hack to change costumes is currently just because the clothes changes and such weren't fully functional at the time.
Raidus

Postby Jovi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 am

essen wrote:About scape dolls, I don't intend to limit the number in inventory, however I do intend to limit scape use at 1 per mission per player, or global at 3 per party, or something to that effect.

I would tread lightly around the idea of a global party scape limit. Maybe one per party member, or on certain difficulty settings but I still don't like the idea of Skippy McFailhard using up the entire party's scape supply over stupid deaths. Not so much because I'm afraid of dying, but because the "omg ur a n00b" comments will skyrocket. Those kinds of things will always be there, sure, but I'd rather see EGS attempt to avoid creating instances that may escalate the problem.
Jovi

Re: Class Customization

Postby Macman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

On the topic of classes/customization:
I'm really liking the idea of being able to unlock weapon types of your choosing per your class. Just give an option to be able to re-spec your unlocks or reset all your customizations. I'd be a bit annoyed if I bothered to unlock a weapon type for my hunter, only to find out that it's essentially useless and that I can't undo it.

How would you go about acquiring whatever is needed to access these customizations, Mission Points? I just hope it's nothing like that AEXP system for GAS.
Macman

Postby solarboymatt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 pm

I also really like the idea of class level being used for customization, as well as still having an acrotecher style class.

About class level, has there been any talk as to how the growth rate will be handled? Since the max level is possibly going to be 99 or so, would it make more sense to have it like character experience, where it's somewhat easy to level up to a certain point and then slows down, or have it be more gradual?
solarboymatt

Postby Chikinface » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Progression's not been discussed much lately.. I think the general concensus is the usual fast to start slow to cap, but I think I'd like emphasis on "getting to the not-useless" stage as quickly as is comfortable.
Chikinface

Postby LightDark » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Jovi wrote:
essen wrote:About scape dolls, I don't intend to limit the number in inventory, however I do intend to limit scape use at 1 per mission per player, or global at 3 per party, or something to that effect.

I would tread lightly around the idea of a global party scape limit. Maybe one per party member, or on certain difficulty settings but I still don't like the idea of Skippy McFailhard using up the entire party's scape supply over stupid deaths. Not so much because I'm afraid of dying, but because the "omg ur a n00b" comments will skyrocket. Those kinds of things will always be there, sure, but I'd rather see EGS attempt to avoid creating instances that may escalate the problem.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. Scape Doll usage count should not be dependent on a party basis; it should only be dependent on a player basis.

There also needs to be ways so that players realize that Scape Dolls are important and not bringing one will result in major penalties; consequently, a player should also realize that being incapacitated multitude of times is not a good thing either. This probably will go under Mission Analysis but I want to make absolute certain that there will be penalties for dying without Scape Dolls.
LightDark

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding