EGS Feedback Thread

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: EGS Feedback Thread

Postby xKasuka1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Are the weapon requirements going to like needing a specific amount of TP, ATA, ATP, or anything like that? Or is it going to be like needing a specific character level?
- It's True
xKasuka1

Postby Qwerty » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:04 pm

That's still up for debate, I believe.
Qwerty

Postby solarboymatt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I almost wouldn't mind it being based off level, instead of specific stats. If nothing else it seems like it would be easier to manage.
solarboymatt

Postby Mewn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Wouldn't that require client editing? I imagine level requirements could be done server side but I don't know if there's a 'Required LV' string in the client.
Mewn

Postby Raidus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 am

I dunno, I've always preferred the stat based usage for the weapons, rather than by level. Plus, that'd take a bit longer to implement, since you'd have to give *every* weapon, etc level requirements too.
Raidus

Postby Qwerty » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Raidus wrote:I dunno, I've always preferred the stat based usage for the weapons, rather than by level. Plus, that'd take a bit longer to implement, since you'd have to give *every* weapon, etc level requirements too.
We're already planning on changing the stats on *every* weapon, so.....
Qwerty

Postby Raidus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Qwerty wrote:
Raidus wrote:I dunno, I've always preferred the stat based usage for the weapons, rather than by level. Plus, that'd take a bit longer to implement, since you'd have to give *every* weapon, etc level requirements too.
We're already planning on changing the stats on *every* weapon, so.....

Well, in that case, not big time increase then, if that much is already being planned for them.
Raidus

Postby Red » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 am

essen wrote:BOOBS.

I think we should just throw out all the textures, and stats. Then replace the textures with pictures of high resolution boobs, and replace the stats with the word "BOOBS"
Red

Postby Raidus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:36 am

*smacks you with a double boob saber for boobs damage*
Raidus

Postby strikecentral » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 pm

About the Scape Dolls issue you guys presented earlier: How about doing what PSO did by having each one take up one whole inventory space? That way if a player wants to take a ton in, they would have less room for drops. But with 60 inventory spaces, they might take a bunch in anyways. Just a thought.

As far as the racial balancing goes: There's no way to really stop certain race/class combinations from being superior to others. Think about it: Beasts were genetially designed to be physical workers and were pretty much tailor-made to be the best Hunters (in terms of offense). Neumans were supposed to become the new race of superior humans with increased intellect, therefore automatically being the best Forces. CASTs, being autonomous robotic organisms (but not Autobots), get points in precision, making them argueably the best Rangers. While Humans don't necessarily excel at any one part, they don't really suck at anything either. I do agree that the stat differences between genders should be thrown out, though.
The way the stats differ gives some races advantage over others. A Neuman force will always outdamage a Beast force, but a Beast is considerably better suited at taking a hit, trading offence for a bit more defence. My suggestion is to broaden the spectrum of weapons each class can use. A Neuman hunter won't be able to outpace even a Human in damage, but would be able to cast techs bit a bit more 'oomph' as well as heal more as needed.
Basically, you can't eliminate all relevant stat differences betwen the races without invalidating the purpose of their existance in the first place. Maybe simply eliminate the bonuses certain class/race combos got, relying purely on stats.
Last edited by strikecentral on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strikecentral

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding