we need psu private server up again

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: we need psu private server up again

Postby LightDark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm

If you want me to be perfectly honest, the only posts I hate seeing are those that ask "how do I hackz?" - publicly at that too.

We (or at least for me) are not going to answer those questions. Period. I can discuss about them if and only if Agrajag is willing to discuss about them.
LightDark

Postby Devilman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Well damn, just saw Essen has discontinued. I understand though.

I hope the code is preserved of what he's got so far. It's a shame it's in damned Erlang... perhaps it could be ported to something else. Well at any rate, perhaps I can help with a PSU server emu in some fashion in the future... considering the Sega servers themselves are down, we need this to happen one day.
Devilman

Postby essen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Once *again*, the problem isn't that it's in Erlang, but that nobody can figure out how some things in the protocol work. It's easy to blame it on one thing when there's no solution to the real problem.
essen
Site Admin

Postby SaltyFish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am

LightDark wrote:If you want me to be perfectly honest, the only posts I hate seeing are those that ask "how do I hackz?" - publicly at that too.

We (or at least for me) are not going to answer those questions. Period. I can discuss about them if and only if Agrajag is willing to discuss about them.

With the exception of position hacking, every other hack is still readily available on the archived forums... including multiple tutorials on how to do them (one even written by yours truly). We could have a pinned thread with links to all the hacks and tutorials along with answers to FAQs. But that wouldn't solve anything as then we'd just be making posts referring to that thread. And they'd still ask the same thing. That's what bothers me.

Anyone bored enough could host a PSU server based off the files made available. Then we'd have the glorified chat room again. I wonder if that's what people really miss right now...
SaltyFish

Postby Rikku » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 pm

That's what I loved most about PSU.

Having it be an over-glorified chatroom <3
Rikku

Postby Devilman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 pm

essen wrote:Once *again*, the problem isn't that it's in Erlang, but that nobody can figure out how some things in the protocol work. It's easy to blame it on one thing when there's no solution to the real problem.

I apologize for not being more clear (and maybe missing something in another post). I do understand that yeah, basically if we don't have more info on the actual protocol itself then this is just impossible. My jab at Erlang was just to say that I just didn't understand much of what's going on in it as-is after downloading and compiling your code.

Even back when the SWGemu project was starting to move along pretty good, they still needed people to jump in the "real game" to do packet capturing.
Devilman

Postby PSO » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm

It would be cool if sega just released all the information on how the game works and the protocol, or if they would just release the server software.
PSO

Postby Hominghead » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

It would be cool if Sega would stop being stupid.
Hominghead

Postby KanameChidori » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 am

True that man.
KanameChidori

Postby PSO » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 pm

At this point in time would it even be possible to continue developing the server since the real servers are down, or would it be possible to decrypt the games files, see how things work, and develop it from there?
PSO

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding