Sega Ages Phantasy Star 1 Translation Available

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Sega Ages Phantasy Star 1 Translation Available

Postby SaltyFish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 am

There is an English translation of the PS2 Sega Ages remake of the first game.

http://www.kyence.net/PS1G1/

Rejoice if you are one of the 99% here who are Japanese illiterate and either whined with your myopic over-inflated sense of self-entitlement when it didn't get an English option or (less likely), just have some interest in the pre-MMO Phantasy Star games. Otherwise, meh.
SaltyFish

Re: Sega Ages Phantasy Star 1 Translation Available

Postby solarboymatt » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Never been too interested in the first one, but Phantasy Star IV is pretty damn great. If you ever play one of the pre-MMO games, let it be that one. Though I've never finished it due to my save data probably getting lost in a transition to a new computer...

And no need to be so harsh. It's neat that there were enough people who still care about the game to put the effort into fan-translating a PS2 game. It's not necessarily a small feat...
solarboymatt

Re: Sega Ages Phantasy Star 1 Translation Available

Postby schlagwerk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:31 pm

IMO that's freakin' solid. I still own Sega Ages Phantasy Star: generations 1 & 2. I finished gen.1 in Japanese years ago but have never finished gen.2. To have either of these games in English is awesome.
Somewhere I still stupidly hope for a Sega Vintage Collection with these games in it. I even mentioned it to Edward at PAX, but not like he has any power to do anything.

And still there will always be the dream of Phantasy Star: generation 4...
schlagwerk

Return to PSU Modding