PSO2 JP Translation Request (Please Read First Post)!

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

PSO2 JP Translation Request (Please Read First Post)!

Postby darkwraith007 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 am

Used the August 9th update of the JP>EN patch and I love how MOST stuff is translated (except subtitles/story/items/ descriptions).

I would like a translation of the following screenshots, whatever is Japanese in the screenshot please translate it for me, thanks!
It is basically the description of a weapon, of a 'Photon Drop', and some random purple item that I have NO clue what it does, as well as a piece of furniture (which is seemingly pretty rare).
I can't exactly type this stuff out on my keyboard to even get a machine translation, so meh.

Need Weapon Name and Description Translation
Need Furniture Name and Description Translation
Need Unknown Item Name and Description Translation
Need 'Photon Drop' Description Translation

I'd also like to say that a large portion of Japanese players that I've met are very friendly/nice. Some even know English! :)
darkwraith007

Re: PSO2 JP Translation Request (Please Read First Post)!

Postby Macman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 am

Items aren't translated because the text for those is kept on the server, not on the client.

Your unknown item is used to increase success odds of Attribute affixing by 5%
The furniture item you place in your room and it allows visitors to access your player shop from it.
Macman

Postby Mewn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am

Weapon is Breaker. Weapon description is just flavour text.
Furniture is Shop Counter. Set it up in your room and access it to access your shop.
Unknown item is 'Ability addition success rate +5%', and pretty much does what it says in the name. Use it during the ability addition process when you're prompted to use items to boost the success rate.
Photon Drop description as far as I can tell just says that they're photons converted into a solid form that are used in bartering. If you're wondering what they're used for - nothing right now, but they'll be useful in a later update. Probably as a item in an exchange mission or something.
Mewn

Postby darkwraith007 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 am

Didn't wanna bump this but felt I should respond at least.
Thanks for the translations, both of ya. I'm now with an English-speaking guild that has members who know Japanese, so I'll be bugging them instead of bugging y'all. :)
The 'unknown item' that I have up there is also in the 'NetCafe' shop (which we can't use outside of Japan).

I'm hoping Sega turns the NetCafe shop into a 'FUN' shop or something similar for FUN points or allows us to earn NetCafe points for certain achievements (rather than just how long we stay afk) once PSO2 hits a Western release.
I did fill out the player survey with Japanese phrases where needed (thank you Google Translate) to give suggestions on improvement. I'm hoping SEGA reads those.

In case anyone comes across this, I'm going to be making a new thread with all the 'unknown' items I keep coming across that have no translation (yet). I'm hoping these can be added to the blog that I used to get into PSO2 in the first place.
darkwraith007

Return to PSU Modding