Psu Aoti offline.exe without gameguard

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Psu Aoti offline.exe without gameguard

Postby mepins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:12 am

So I've been looking around too try and find the exe that dosn't load gameguard and I've come up empty and have too ask around here, I was looking threw the archives and found a post with one "http://psumods.co.uk/archives/forums/comments.php@DiscussionID=123&page=1.html"

But when scanning the file found some disturbing stuff

AVG Win32/Heur <<< This File
Commtouch W32/Troj_Obfusc.D.gen!Eldorado
Emsisoft Virus.Win32.Heur!IK
F-Prot W32/Troj_Obfusc.D.gen!Eldorado
Ikarus Virus.Win32.Heur <<< This file
K7AntiVirus Riskware
McAfee-GW-Edition Heuristic.LooksLike.Win32.SuspiciousPE.N
VirusBuster Suspicious!SA 20120803

Now idk about you.. but I wouldn't want too download this, so if anyone has an explination for these detects, or a clean file that would be much appreciated.
mepins

Re: Psu Aoti offline.exe without gameguard

Postby essen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 am

Of course it says that. The original file is obfuscated and protected, removing the protection leaves suspicious traces because some parts of the file are just what was in the memory at the time it got dumped.

I wish people would stop using dumb antivirus sometimes.
essen
Site Admin

Postby mepins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 am

Virus.Win32.Heur Is actualy a pretty bad file, also the Exe is double the size of the original...
mepins

Postby essen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes that's what happens when you decompress the file in order to remove the protection.

There is no virus in that file, there was one before called GameGuard, it got removed and reconstructed as well as possible but there's some leftover garbage we can't be bothered to remove. Deal with it or don't, but don't spread FUD please.
essen
Site Admin

Postby mepins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm not trying too give any "FUD" It's just that one specific "virus" is pretty much a horrible one, so I went ahead and ran it on a crap laptop I have and I'll take your word for it since nothing happened, It's supposed too be a file that gathers personal data, but I saw no outgoing connections or information so if anyone else has wondered about this file It is safe It's just a BUNCH of false positives.
mepins

Postby essen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Didn't say it was intentional. But as with everything, check first and warn when you're sure, not the other way around. Otherwise it is just a lot of FUD, whether that's what you wanted or not. Thanks for your understanding.
essen
Site Admin

Postby mepins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 pm

No I didn't want any of that, I just wanted too make sure it was safe, but I guess if it wasn't it wouldn't be on the forums anymore lol
mepins

Return to PSU Modding