Animations?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: Animations?

Postby jamesfoil » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I use 3DSMax 2010.
jamesfoil

Postby Hominghead » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 pm

jamesfoil wrote:
Hominghead wrote:Your description is very vague and unless you provide some greater insight, do not expect any proper, satisfying answers.

Alright, let me try again.

When a game character is created by the developers, the character is made in a default pose, in which the character has their legs closed together, and their arms fully extended by their sides. This is referred to as the "T-Pose" as the character is in the shape of the letter T.

Look here for a reference: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/medi ... t-pose.jpg

What I'm trying to see if anyone can achieve, if it is possible to have the character in game, to reset to that default "T-Pose" and stay like that.
I've found in games the character resets to the "T-Pose" as a glitch to if an animation that does exist, or fit to the bone of the applied model, or as Agrajag said,
Agrajag wrote:Could probably just kill part of the animation handler and everything would T-pose.

Not sure if that's any help, but I'm just suggesting, as I'd really like to see a great outcome.
Hope that described better than before.

Unless you are fully aware of the structure that your outgoing file is going to be coded in, you shall not be able to even remotely try and insert non-existing bones to a model by the means of "hex", not to mention the ingoing software would not know how to read it in first place.
Now i will repeat myself, you are providing way too vague description to what you are actually trying to do. I am fully aware of what a T-Pose is, do not worry about that, however i do not know what software you are using and what are you exactly pursuing. There are many different approaches to any given problem.
Now that you've atleast said you are trying to import the model to 3DS Max, you might want to clarify what you are wanting to use to export the model with, or whatever you were trying to imply, give as many details as possible.
The more details, the better the answers.

According to your so-far given description, Agrajag's suggestion would be most fitting for you.
Hominghead

Postby jamesfoil » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 am

Hominghead wrote:
jamesfoil wrote:
Hominghead wrote:Your description is very vague and unless you provide some greater insight, do not expect any proper, satisfying answers.

When a game character is created by the developers, the character is made in a default pose, in which the character has their legs closed together, and their arms fully extended by their sides. This is referred to as the "T-Pose" as the character is in the shape of the letter T.

Look here for a reference: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/medi ... t-pose.jpg

What I'm trying to see if anyone can achieve, if it is possible to have the character in game, to reset to that default "T-Pose" and stay like that.
I've found in games the character resets to the "T-Pose" as a glitch to if an animation that does exist, or fit to the bone of the applied model, or as Agrajag said,
Agrajag wrote:Could probably just kill part of the animation handler and everything would T-pose.

Not sure if that's any help, but I'm just suggesting, as I'd really like to see a great outcome.
Hope that described better than before.

Unless you are fully aware of the structure that your outgoing file is going to be coded in, you shall not be able to even remotely try and insert non-existing bones to a model by the means of "hex", not to mention the ingoing software would not know how to read it in first place.
Now i will repeat myself, you are providing way too vague description to what you are actually trying to do. I am fully aware of what a T-Pose is, do not worry about that, however i do not know what software you are using and what are you exactly pursuing. There are many different approaches to any given problem.
Now that you've atleast said you are trying to import the model to 3DS Max, you might want to clarify what you are wanting to use to export the model with, or whatever you were trying to imply, give as many details as possible.
The more details, the better the answers.

According to your so-far given description, Agrajag's suggestion would be most fitting for you.

I did not say anywhere that I wanted to insert bones via hex, nor did I say I wanted to tell you everything about what I'm doing with the files.

Maybe if you tried reading a post, without trying to find deeper meaning, you should be able to understand what people are posting.
Here, maybe this quote will help you.

jamesfoil wrote:I'm trying to get the character into the default "T-Pose", as I want to rip the model itself, and be able to rig it.

I already know what to do, all I need is the model in the T-Pose.
jamesfoil

Postby Chikinface » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi, I rip and rig models from Phantasy Star Universe, also other things.. Here's an old awkwardly posed picture as proof. I know exactly what you want to do but sadly with all the ripping techniques I've tried I'm afraid I haven't gotten a character to T-pose yet. I've had to do what you seem to fear doing, which is to rig them as they are (which is doable but I would so prefer having them in T pose).

I have seen models shearing parts of themselves to the bind pose with motion calculation set to hardware instead of CPU. The best thing you could hope for would be some edit by Agrajag or someone else who knows how to manipulate the animations either in the exe itself or in memory.

Regarding this thread, I'm seeing some dangerously shitty posts from people..
Chikinface

Postby Genjimaru » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Well I tell you what... take this chance to improve your rigging technique or wait and see what aragag has to offer.
Can't do much to help ya in this situation.
Max I did in the past was a custom model for Unreal Tournament 2004 back in the days.
Genjimaru

Postby essen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Can people who don't know shit about how it works in *PSU* stop posting in threads in the research forums please? This is getting annoying, these threads aren't made for discussion, they're made for research. Stop polluting. There's only the original, Agrajag and Raujinn's posts worth reading here. Seriously.
essen
Site Admin

Postby ZethN64 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Raujinn wrote:Hi, I rip and rig models from Phantasy Star Universe, also other things.. Here's an old awkwardly posed picture as proof. I know exactly what you want to do but sadly with all the ripping techniques I've tried I'm afraid I haven't gotten a character to T-pose yet. I've had to do what you seem to fear doing, which is to rig them as they are (which is doable but I would so prefer having them in T pose).

I have seen models shearing parts of themselves to the bind pose with motion calculation set to hardware instead of CPU. The best thing you could hope for would be some edit by Agrajag or someone else who knows how to manipulate the animations either in the exe itself or in memory.

Regarding this thread, I'm seeing some dangerously shitty posts from people..

Out of curiosity, how are you ripping the models exactly from PSU? Some of the rippers I've tried either skew's the model's perspective and rotates them weird, or don't work at all. I also do agree rigging a model not in T pose isn't easy at all, usually I've had to rig them that way just to put them in a T pose so I could correctly rig and physics weight them properly.
ZethN64

Previous

Return to PSU Modding