Animations?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Animations?

Postby jamesfoil » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm

First off, if this is in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks.
Now, I was wondering if anybody knows how to have the character on screen be forced into a pose via hex, or any other way?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm trying to get the character into the default "T-Pose", as I want to rip the model itself, and be able to rig it.

If you're not sure what "T-Pose" means, then it is the default pose in which models are created so that bones can be assigned to them in the game engine, so that the characters can move.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks.
jamesfoil

Re: Animations?

Postby Genjimaru » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 am

Why not rig it in that pose right away?
I dont see any problem rigging it in its current state.

Now to your question, I have no idea. Hex is not my forte =/
Genjimaru

Postby jamesfoil » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Genjimaru wrote:Why not rig it in that pose right away?
I dont see any problem rigging it in its current state.

You might be skilled with rigging, however I am not.
The models I rip do not have any bones in them already, and It is VERY hard (for me) to try and put them in place to where they should be.

If you want to give it a go, be my guest, however I'm only looking for the easiest way, as I'd prefer to have any model I require already in the T-Pose.
jamesfoil

Postby Hominghead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Your description is very vague and unless you provide some greater insight, do not expect any proper, satisfying answers.
Hominghead

Postby Rikku » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 am

You're adamant about that dark orchid color, aren't you ... :l

Anyways- How does this tie in with PSU research :o?
Last edited by Rikku on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikku

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:55 am

This is an appropriate place for the topic, on the grounds that it is both about PSU and something that could be considered research.

I'll look into it, but no promises. Could probably just kill part of the animation handler and everything would T-pose.
Agrajag

Postby Hominghead » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Rikku wrote:You're adamant about that dark orchid color, aren't you ... :l

Anyways- How does this tie in with PSU research :o?

I would be assuming he is trying to rip a model and on base of that create own and re-insert into the game, otherwise there is no point for the Topic to be in this section.
Hominghead

Postby essen » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:07 pm

There is a point even if not reinserted in-game. It'd be lovely to have a script to generate snapshots of players to put on their profile page on the website.
essen
Site Admin

Postby jamesfoil » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Hominghead wrote:Your description is very vague and unless you provide some greater insight, do not expect any proper, satisfying answers.

Alright, let me try again.

When a game character is created by the developers, the character is made in a default pose, in which the character has their legs closed together, and their arms fully extended by their sides. This is referred to as the "T-Pose" as the character is in the shape of the letter T.

Look here for a reference: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/medi ... t-pose.jpg

What I'm trying to see if anyone can achieve, if it is possible to have the character in game, to reset to that default "T-Pose" and stay like that.
I've found in games the character resets to the "T-Pose" as a glitch to if an animation that does exist, or fit to the bone of the applied model, or as Agrajag said,
Agrajag wrote:Could probably just kill part of the animation handler and everything would T-pose.

Not sure if that's any help, but I'm just suggesting, as I'd really like to see a great outcome.
Hope that described better than before.
jamesfoil

Postby Genjimaru » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I mostly see them in T pose but with legs spread. Its more convenient to control muscle aoe and assign modifiers.
Well at least I work better this way.
Btw what program are you using to work on the models? I work with 3dsmax.
Genjimaru

Next

Return to PSU Modding