Diablo 3

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Diablo 3

Postby Firehouse1983 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Has anyone here tried it yet? I've heard good reviews on it, but I like to get as much feedback as I possibly can before I go purchase it. What do you think about D3?
Firehouse1983

Re: Diablo 3

Postby Hominghead » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Firehouse1983 wrote:Has anyone here tried it yet? I've heard good reviews on it, but I like to get as much feedback as I possibly can before I go purchase it. What do you think about D3?

What do i think about D3.

Overhyped.
Blizzard's new money-cow.
Actually turned out to be worse than expected.
Not worth the money & time.

Conclusion: I'm not fond of it.
Hominghead

Postby PSO » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Its terrible.
PSO

Postby Mewn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:40 pm

It's ok, but it has several problems that prevent it from being great, and that's why I haven't logged on in a while:

* Shitty servers: disconnections, errors, lagspikes, high ping even at non-peak times, parts of the AH non-functional. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one and they needed it to go far more smoothly since, you know, they made such a big deal about how removing offline single-player was such a good thing for everyone.
* Inferno: the 'difficulty' in this mode is extremely fake and just comes from throwing ridiculous numbers at the player from Act 2 onwards. It's doable, sure, but loads of people are just exploiting easy chest runs to get loot, which is really bypassing the game anyway.
* Crafting: Blacksmith is pointless, Jeweler less so. Might as well save your money and spend it on gear from the AH.
* Itemization: Boring, to the point that 'primary stat + vit + resists' is essentially the holy trinity of affixes. Legendaries are awful, but at least Blizzard has committed to buffing them and increasing the diversity of affixes. Doesn't change that it sucks now though.

Probably some other stuff, but yeah, I stopped having fun after Act 1 Inferno on my Wizard. Was cool until then though I guess, but I would personally wait to see what Blizzard fixes in upcoming patches. I'm glad I got it for free with the annual pass, I'd be pretty miffed if I had paid for it.
Mewn

Postby Firehouse1983 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 am

Hmm, alright. I'll just keep on with LoD until some patches come out. If anything strikes my fancy, maybe I'll buy it. We'll see. Thanks for the "review", so to speak.
Firehouse1983

Postby Rikku » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:38 am

Patches? I'm waiting for a nice little sale :3

That probably won't happen until the inevitable expansion pack comes out. ( Not saying there is one. But c'mon. It's Blizzard. )
Rikku

Postby Nobody » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:53 am

Not worth the money.
Nobody

Postby Hominghead » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 am

But if you paid for 1 Year WoW Pass, you could give 10 shits less about D3 since you get that "for free".
Hominghead

Postby Rikku » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 am

WoW for a year?

Yikes.
Rikku

Postby Genjimaru » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Hominghead wrote:
Firehouse1983 wrote:Has anyone here tried it yet? I've heard good reviews on it, but I like to get as much feedback as I possibly can before I go purchase it. What do you think about D3?

What do i think about D3.

Overhyped.
Blizzard's new money-cow.
Actually turned out to be worse than expected.
Not worth the money & time.

Conclusion: I'm not fond of it.

This.

Couldnt agree more.
Got disappointed after playing it during beta =/
Genjimaru

Next

Return to PSU Modding