Test 1: Character creation

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: Test 1: Character creation

Postby gato » Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 am

Okay, I did some extra tests today. (This time I didn't mess with the lobby, just for the sake of being careful)

Male Beast, Fightmaster
Female Newman, Masterforce

I noticed I got 3 swords, some meseta and the usual items (the weapons you use against seed cores and the googles), I didn't had any of this equipped with me yesterday when I made the male CAST.

I tried to mess around with CE too, tried to make some costume hacks, pressed the "find out what writes in this address" and the game crashed, then I did the same but I pressed the "find out what access this address" (as I think I actually should have done from the very beginning, my memory is kind of defective but I remember using this one Offline) this time it worked until I clicked the "Stop" button, then the game crashed.

That's all I could do today.

ps: I should probably mention, I don't know a lot about this so instead of trying to find new ways to break the server I've been just following some tutorials found in the archives.
gato

Postby Gown » Fri May 18, 2012 2:15 am

I was just assuming some of these memory patches via cheat engine are client side. Meaning other people connected won't see them.
I can't be certain because as I said I'm using the un-patched english version. It could just be a file I don't have defaulting to something else.
That being said I did see some other people in the lobby and they did not have colored names. :?
Gown

Postby MistressHime » Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 am

So...is it just me or a few others getting infinite loading still? I'll try creating a flesh flat install.
Just tried a flat installation version. I guess I shouldn't panic about not getting into the lobby. Seeing as it's only really character creation, and there's bound to be one person who will sit there going "OMG SERVA IS ON?!?! YEY DO ALL THE THINGS" Without ever coming to read the forums.
I also took out the editing to my host files, and this hasn't changed a thing.
MistressHime

Postby Rikku » Fri May 18, 2012 3:25 am

Gown wrote:I was just assuming some of these memory patches via cheat engine are client side. Meaning other people connected won't see them.
I can't be certain because as I said I'm using the un-patched english version. It could just be a file I don't have defaulting to something else.
That being said I did see some other people in the lobby and they did not have colored names. :?

I believe that characters are created via the client, then are stored on the server. That makes it possible to hack the character(s) appearance in any way you like, and allows other players to play their hacked characters as well.

Colored names are a hack that ... Still works, it seems. :P
Rikku

Postby LightDark » Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 am

gato wrote:*post here*

If you are going to report bugs, could you at least read the first post on stuff that you are suppose to report about? We're only suppose to report stuff on character creation in this topic and nothing else. That is to say, don't report stuff that involve inventory, areas, etc. in this thread (save those for later).

MistressHime wrote:So...is it just me or a few others getting infinite loading still?

If someone decides to crash the lobby, then there is nothing you can do until essen decides to restart the server. But you could always test if it is down by trying to create a character with no modifications. And if that works, then what you previous found that caused the infinite loading might be a bug.~

Case 2: Overflow name, though I think this is a bad example since the gender/race/type for a Human Male at character creation is 00 00 00 so it null-terminates regardless.

Maximum 30 "i's":

32 "i's" now:

Case 3: Invalid characters

3 "\n" characters and then bunch of "a's":
LightDark

Postby Kasrit » Sun May 20, 2012 3:42 am

Attempted several character creations, even basic ones with no changes to starter appearance, always get stuck on infinite loading. Not sure if this is helpfully info
Kasrit

Postby Rokon » Sun May 20, 2012 7:29 am

Is it fine if I post videos? I keep them for future references
Windows 95 is better than Windows 7, because 95 is a higher version number than 7.
Rokon

Postby cybertomb » Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 am

I tried creating characters, but im stuck in infinite loading
r there any solution for the infinite loading problem, cant get in the lobby
cybertomb

Postby gato » Sun May 20, 2012 5:39 pm

LightDark wrote:If you are going to report bugs, could you at least read the first post on stuff that you are suppose to report about? We're only suppose to report stuff on character creation in this topic and nothing else. That is to say, don't report stuff that involve inventory, areas, etc. in this thread (save those for later).

Sorry for the off topic and the late reply (internet has been failing me), but you are right, I did try to report about the relevant test (my first post was one of those "worked first but then something borked so I got infinite load", the second one was a "now everything works as it should") and then I made some offhand comment about the items and whatnot... But you are right, that was irrelevant and useless so I apologize for that.

Anyways, to make this post something useful I did try some extra tests today, but sadly I'm once again getting the infinite load... Still, I tried a simple clothes hack and I actually got some results here, you know how when you clothes/NPC hack you need to replace all the pointers with null operations (as I said before, I don't know **** about this so I'm shamelessly quoting Nova and his guide)? Previous experiences had taught me doing that with this client will result in the game crashing, so I decided to take it slowly and stop only 1 at a time, the first attempt didn't work (all the changes got overwritten) but the second one did:

Of course, since I'm having the "infinite load" issue I couldn't confirm if this got overwritten the moment I access the lobby. (or if I was going to get stuck in the loading screen anyway)
gato

Postby essen » Sun May 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Rokon wrote:Is it fine if I post videos? I keep them for future references

Feel free to post links.
essen
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding