PSU PServer Emulator?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

PSU PServer Emulator?

Postby risaxseph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi,

I ran some PSO servers way back in the day for some friends and helped out on a few. I am now trying to figure out if hosting a PSU server is even possible. In doing that I found an EMU (https://github.com/essen/egs). Is this even viable; has anyone tested it; is there an active emulator project for PSU (I heard one is in progress for PSO2 so I would imagine something was done... Maybe, maybe not... Does anyone have any insight and information?
risaxseph

Re: PSU PServer Emulator?

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:03 am

egs was abandoned while it was still not in a terribly playable state (you could wander the lobbies, and... that's about it). There's another active project right now, Clementine. I'm in contact with the people working on it, they're pretty okay.

(Possibly hewing a bit too close to the original servers for my tastes, but that's subjective anyway...)
Agrajag

Re: PSU PServer Emulator?

Postby risaxseph » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 am

Okay. It looks like their EMU is not public; at least for now. I really wish my group had some C++ coders. Oh well though... At least there is none project going for PSU. Hopefully the PSO2 project gets more stable... Might be worthwhile to host one of those. Thanks for the info.
risaxseph

Return to PSU Modding