psupedia is down

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

psupedia is down

Postby thesourcehim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:11 am

Anyone knows what happened to psupedia? Site seems to be down. Is it permanent?
thesourcehim

Re: psupedia is down

Postby KanameChidori » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:09 pm

thesourcehim wrote:Anyone knows what happened to psupedia? Site seems to be down. Is it permanent?

No idea. Purplecrystal is also down (it is a JP site similar to Psupedia). Only time will tell.
KanameChidori

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:57 am

PSUpedia's server is being migrated, apparently. It should be back soon.

purplecrystal seems to have been troubled recently, no telling if/when it'll be fixed. Unfortunate, it was a great resource for screenshots.
Agrajag

Postby Maria » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:06 am

Hopefully, the broken links will be fixed, but I'm not holding by breath.
Maria

Postby KanameChidori » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Agrajag wrote:PSUpedia's server is being migrated, apparently. It should be back soon.

purplecrystal seems to have been troubled recently, no telling if/when it'll be fixed. Unfortunate, it was a great resource for screenshots.

Yeah it was nice because a lot of the weapons were not available on PSUpedia (screenshots).
KanameChidori

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 am

Maria wrote:Hopefully, the broken links will be fixed, but I'm not holding by breath.

If you're referring to pages that have special characters in their names (things like the Flagship R&D missions, the + weapons, any of the 9* variants of the customization service weapons, etc), don't expect it (it's an issue caused by how the pages were scraped, I believe...?). If you want to access the PSP2 section, it's available (whenever it's back up...) at http://psp2.psupedia.info/

If you have a particular missing page you DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE, ... unfortunately, I'm not sure who to ask. You can try PMing EspioKaos, he's in touch with the people who'd have them (and, more importantly, isn't me--I'm terrible at responding to PMs).
Agrajag

Postby shade » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:19 pm

http://purplecrystalpsuhp.web.fc2.com/

This backup was probably made by the owner of the website, who probably wanted to move her website to a free server. But problem is FC2 has many limitations :
http://fc2webmanualen.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-27.html
1GB of storage (with a limit of 8Mb per file), limited file format accepted (that includes .html .htm .gif .jpg .jpeg .css .js .class .txt .png .dat .rss .rdf & .xml, but for exemple it excludes compressed archive, python, java...), no database, etc...
And I'm not sure it's possible to use FC2 to host this website as it was ; to complies with the FC2 limitations, I think some modifications must be done. I think that's why some web pages aren't available now (probably deleted by FC2).

I'll wait a little bit, and if nothing change, I'll try to contact this person, to see if it'd be possible to get her (original) website archive.
shade

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 am

It's cool there's a backup, but most of it seems to be broken... If it gets fixed, cool, if it doesn't, if you could get the original archive, it'd be great. The site's way too useful to allow to disappear forever.
Agrajag

Postby shade » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:38 pm

While waiting a proper fix for the php script unsuported by FC2, some contents (concerning weapons) are temporarily hosted somewhere else. Links are available in the following post :
http://purplecrystalpsu.blog13.fc2.com/ ... -1159.html
I'll make a backup of this thing this week-end if it's still up at that time.
shade

Postby thesourcehim » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:27 am

It's up again
thesourcehim

Return to PSU Modding