Despair and Hope Tech Changes

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: Despair and Hope Tech Changes

Postby Midori Oku » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 am

I've went though and made the following changes so far.

Foie
-Hit effect has been changed from flinch to knockdown

Razonde
-Hit effect changed from flinch to launch

Diga
-Hit effect has been changed from flinch to knockdown

Radiga
-PP cost increased by 4 points for every tier. It ends up being 7 more PP per cast at level 41-50

Nagrants
-Damage modifier of level 41-50 increased by an extra 20%, and sleep status effect has been added

Ramegid
-Hit effect changed from flinch to knockdown, and poison has been changed back to confusion

Hopefully this gives more of a variety of hit effects than just flinch. I'm thinking about lowering Radiga's max damage modifier from 200% to 195% to somewhat close the damage gap between it and Razonde, but I'm not sure if I will. I did some testing and found that launch does not seem to really hurt Razonde (not sure about the other Ra-techs) much, if at all. To be honest, I was surprised by that result. Anyway, launch not only knocks small enemies up into the air, but it also causes larger enemies such as Seed Ardites to fall over. This honestly gives it a pretty big boost in how useful it can be. I was too quick to judge it since it was a bad experience with Nosdiga. Although, launch would still be terrible for Nos-techs, Dam-techs, and linear techs. I'm not sure how it would work on Gi-techs though. That would require some testing. However, I think flinch is better on them than any other hit effect. Flinch basically pushes them away, and everything else (excluding blow away) would effectively cause you to stunlock enemies. After learning that about launch on Raszonde, and increasing the PP cost on Radiga, that should close the gap enough for the 15% to not really matter. You still have to think of neutral damage after all. I'll also be looking into more PP cost changes for other techs.

Anyway, let me know what you think of these changes, or let me know if there is something you want me to test out. :)
Midori Oku

Postby KanameChidori » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 pm

I was going to say something about Launch on Razonde. Seeing as it should just throw them up and down, which would actually buff it, and knockdown large enemies. Those look good. I really like the Nagrants buff. I always liked that tech, but it was far too weak.
KanameChidori

Postby Midori Oku » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:05 pm

I just now thought about what I should change Damdiga's status effect to. Agrajag said that he is most likely going to get rid of the poison status effect. At first thought about infection in its place, but that would conflict with Dammegid. I'm leaning toward something like HP affects power, stun, or silence. I think it would cool to give it something other than silence, but the other two could make it too powerful. Although I could lower the damage modifier and up the PP cost to adjust for that.

Any thoughts?
Midori Oku

Postby KanameChidori » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:19 am

Midori Oku wrote:I just now thought about what I should change Damdiga's status effect to. Agrajag said that he is most likely going to get rid of the poison status effect. At first thought about infection in its place, but that would conflict with Dammegid. I'm leaning toward something like HP affects power, stun, or silence. I think it would cool to give it something other than silence, but the other two could make it too powerful. Although I could lower the damage modifier and up the PP cost to adjust for that.

Any thoughts?

HP affects power would work if it was say lvl 1 maybe lvl 2. Nothing crazy like lvl 3+. Silence doesn't really make sense and stun would be eh.
KanameChidori

Previous

Return to PSU Modding