Character Creation screen messed up

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon2342 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 am

Back in my day, I had to teleport to and from school in the snow, uphill, both dimensions!
Leon2342
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Mixing JP and US files? I also got character creation issues when using a US client on JP resource files.

Also I totally stole your name >D
Leon
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon2342 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Leon wrote:Mixing JP and US files? I also got character creation issues when using a US client on JP resource files.

Also I totally stole your name >D


yeah you did, anyway, yeah im on a JP client using US translation patch, if i have to use the jp client without the translation for character creation and shit i can and i can do it with the menu gitch its jsut its been so long since i played
Back in my day, I had to teleport to and from school in the snow, uphill, both dimensions!
Leon2342
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby shade » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 pm

That happens because you forgot to edit your PsuIlluminus.ini file (the one located in something like "C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\), and you didn't replace the "J" on the "Language" line by the letter corresponding to the language you'd like to use ("AE" in your case). In this case, the game try to load non existent JP resources, that's why you're getting this (and probably few other) issue.
shade
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon2342 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 am

shade wrote:That happens because you forgot to edit your PsuIlluminus.ini file (the one located in something like "C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\), and you didn't replace the "J" on the "Language" line by the letter corresponding to the language you'd like to use ("AE" in your case). In this case, the game try to load non existent JP resources, that's why you're getting this (and probably few other) issue.


i did though...
edit: did a fresh install and everything, still have the messed up menu
Back in my day, I had to teleport to and from school in the snow, uphill, both dimensions!
Leon2342
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby shade » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:53 am

Can I have both screenshots of your folder containing the PsuIlluminus.ini you've edited (with the path visible, excepted your Windows username) and of the PsuIlluminus.ini itself (opened with notepad, for exemple) ?
shade
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon2342 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 pm

shade wrote:Can I have both screenshots of your folder containing the PsuIlluminus.ini you've edited (with the path visible, excepted your Windows username) and of the PsuIlluminus.ini itself (opened with notepad, for exemple) ?


http://gyazo.com/3390798539cb132339e3f9f412b5eb0e

http://gyazo.com/c4003f7191f57e89f651229514292bb4
Back in my day, I had to teleport to and from school in the snow, uphill, both dimensions!
Leon2342
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby shade » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks.

I think I got it. Don't ask why, but be sure you've saved your PsuIlluminus.ini in ANSI (or eventually in Unicode), and not in UTF-8 or anything else.

Keep me informed.
shade
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby Leon2342 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:27 pm

shade wrote:Thanks.

I think I got it. Don't ask why, but be sure you've saved your PsuIlluminus.ini in ANSI (or eventually in Unicode), and not in UTF-8 or anything else.

Keep me informed.


its still fucking up
Back in my day, I had to teleport to and from school in the snow, uphill, both dimensions!
Leon2342
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: Character Creation screen messed up

Postby shade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:06 am

I've tried a fresh install on a laptop, on which PSU:AotI was never installed, and by downloading files from MEGA (not by copying them from my desktop) : everything worked fine, as intended.

I'm still thinking your issue is related to the PsuIlluminus.ini file (what happens when you set language on F or G ?) ; but I've no idea on what's going wrong, and how to fix it.

At the moment, there's nothing I can do. Sorry.
shade
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

Next

Return to PSU Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron