AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby shade » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you very much. It's indeed awesome.

For those who are lazy, I've made a cumulative mission pack, which includes the mission pack 1-4, the mission pack 5 and the 87e19534e724ac860eb9b0421c65bae0 file from the expension.
I've also added a 1080p exe, with radar and compass disabled. They are still broken on 1080p, I haven't found how to fix these things ; mainly because I still don't have time to do so.
But I've enabled the informations displaying that you can make appear over character head (completely optional and useless ; so I had to do it), and on planets selection screen, I've replaced the pre-crash GC by the post-crash one but I haven't replaced the movie ; I don't think it worth time to search how to do that.
You can grab this pack HERE.

Also, note this missions pack also "breaks" some NPCs dialogues : it adds superfluous line breaks :
Same thing occurs in 1280x720 and/or in JP.
Don't know which files cause this. I may investigate this.

Edit :
The problem is caused by the file be700a239bd497b97ba0d2c90bd46d1a from the mission pack 5.

Also, I wanted to add that what is done with Distant Dream is incredible, and extremely promising.
shade

Postby Agrajag » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:01 am

Necman wrote:Your efforts are well appreciated and I would like to ask a question about the mission packs. Are they as much work as they sound, particularly since they have been assembled from other sources?

I haven't really done a simple "bundle up a bunch of missions" yet since pack 4 (which should've made future ones pretty easy to do, at the expense of needing like 2 weeks of setup to make that plausible), but it only took an hour or so to get Sinners' Banquet/Castle of Monsters bundled up for it. Pack 5 as a whole... err... may be in the "months" range, but it's got some pretty extenuating circumstances.

shade wrote:Also, note this missions pack also "breaks" some NPCs dialogues : it adds superfluous line breaks :

LightDark discovered that pretty much right before I uploaded it, forgot to include it in the "known issues" list. When I revisit the lobby (basically, "when I would need to add a third Hal"), I'll fix it, but otherwise, it's fairly minor.
Agrajag

Postby Necman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 am

shade wrote:Thank you very much. It's indeed awesome.

For those who are lazy, I've made a cumulative mission pack, which includes the mission pack 1-4, the mission pack 5 and the 87e19534e724ac860eb9b0421c65bae0 file from the expension.
I've also added a 1080p exe, with radar and compass disabled. They are still broken on 1080p, I haven't found how to fix these things ; mainly because I still don't have time to do so.
But I've enabled the informations displaying that you can make appear over character head (completely optional and useless ; so I had to do it), and on planets selection screen, I've replaced the pre-crash GC by the post-crash one but I haven't replaced the movie ; I don't think it worth time to search how to do that.
You can grab this pack HERE.

does this crash only happen with the 1080p exe or is it a mission pack 5 issue? It does not sound like a serious problem anyway. The packs are quick and easy to install but it's good of you to help out those who are lazy or those who may not be good with this sort of thing.
Necman

Postby shade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Which crash ?

The text issue ? If so, it's not an important thing and it's caused by the be700a239bd497b97ba0d2c90bd46d1a from the mission pack 5 (I haven't tried to test an older version of this file, but I think it will be worse for other things).

And if you speak about the pre-crash and post-crash GC, what I meant is I've juste replaced, on planets selection screen this by that (ignore the language change). But I know when you left the GC, you'll see this, which corresponds to the previous state of the GC, and not to the one I've set. I've only made this change because I prefer to see the latest form of the GC on planets selection screen, it's the one I was used to see online, and it's Something that took me 2 sec to do that I've discovered by chance in past.

If you've encountered something that crash the client, please, report it.
shade

Postby Necman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 am

shade wrote:Which crash ?

The text issue ? If so, it's not an important thing and it's caused by the be700a239bd497b97ba0d2c90bd46d1a from the mission pack 5 (I haven't tried to test an older version of this file, but I think it will be worse for other things).

And if you speak about the pre-crash and post-crash GC, what I meant is I've juste replaced, on planets selection screen this by that (ignore the language change). But I know when you left the GC, you'll see this, which corresponds to the previous state of the GC, and not to the one I've set. I've only made this change because I prefer to see the latest form of the GC on planets selection screen, it's the one I was used to see online, and it's Something that took me 2 sec to do that I've discovered by chance in past.

If you've encountered something that crash the client, please, report it.

Nothing to report. This Gc crash is just the colony crash I presume! I don't use 1080p with this crappy thing so was just wondering where this crash was supposed to be. Sorry about the mix up.

<Edit> I only tried distant dream which was awesome but when I tried the other two missions they only load a black screen. I also noticed fight for food was loading instead of black nest and the other two missions. Is that supposed to happen? All the other missions from pack 1-4 work great other wise. I tried a new game but as expected it did nothing.
Necman

Previous

Return to PSU Modding