AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby thorof » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

I dont know if this has been asked before but are you planing to add in the online weapons so they drop of enemies?
thorof

Postby KanameChidori » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 pm

thorof wrote:I dont know if this has been asked before but are you planing to add in the online weapons so they drop of enemies?

Short answer yes.
KanameChidori

Postby ninjadejedi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi, how is the project going ? Are you still trying to make Ep3 offline ? PSO 2 does not agree with me >.<
ninjadejedi

Postby Agrajag » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 am

Oof, time flies.

Still ongoing, kinda slow. Work kinda sucks out a lot of the motivation. Kinda thinking I'll have to rethink how I'm handling episode 3 (I was trying to make the .exe offline behave like an online one, but that ended with a bunch of really obscure crashes in really obvious places; I may have to go the opposite direction, edit the online missions in order to fit in with offline standards), but haven't started on that.

I've said this over and over, but mission pack as soon as I can get enough motivation to do the last couple steps for it.
Agrajag

Postby Necman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Agrajag wrote:Oof, time flies.

Still ongoing, kinda slow. Work kinda sucks out a lot of the motivation. Kinda thinking I'll have to rethink how I'm handling episode 3 (I was trying to make the .exe offline behave like an online one, but that ended with a bunch of really obscure crashes in really obvious places; I may have to go the opposite direction, edit the online missions in order to fit in with offline standards), but haven't started on that.

I've said this over and over, but mission pack as soon as I can get enough motivation to do the last couple steps for it.

The mission packs are not important so don't worry about releasing them. Not really worth the headache.

I remember you said you got an episode 3 mission working but didn't know you were implementing it yet. Were the crashes during video sequence.(not sure I worded that right). I remember some problem in the past sega had to patch for some reason. It was so long ago maybe it had nothing to do with video but the dialogue scenes.

Oops just realized there was some content in episode 3 that was probably unavailable offline.
Necman

Postby Gothyx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Agrajag wrote:Oof, time flies.

Will there be any add-ons for returning to the city easily and more item npcs like near the Parum flyer base, also a way to bypass all "travel pass" blockers?
Gothyx

Postby Gothyx » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 am

Agrajag, I've been playing on Clementine, I was wondering if I were to fund everything, if we could do our own server and go in a different direction, I gladly fully fund it.
Gothyx

Postby Agrajag » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:06 am

So it turns out "as soon as I can get motivation" is today. Surprise!

Mission Pack 5: Dawn of a New Day

Download here.

Requirements:
Client with third update maps/music (for Sinners' Banquet/Castle of Monsters)
Recommended: Mission Pack 4 (otherwise, loading any mission pack 1-4 mission from the counter will crash) (note: apply before mission pack 5)
Recommended: File 87e19534e724ac860eb9b0421c65bae0 from the item expansion)

This pack contains the following:
Sinners' Banquet C-S3 (Neudaiz free mission): Reports indicate that excommunicated COG members have been studying the SEED factor at Ohtori Castle, a long-forgotten landmark. Break through the castle walls and make your way to the tower!
Castle of Monsters C-S4 (Neudaiz free mission): The tower of Ohtori Castle is brimming with SEED-Forms, obviously the result of the ex-COG members' research. Purify the tower so the disaster does not spread outside!
Distant Dream C-S4: A simulation based upon a beloved game from the earliest days of photon technology. Protect the city from the minions of a mad scientist bent on world domination!

Sinners' Banquet and Castle of Monsters are third update free missions from the Japanese server, covering the Ohtori Castle field. They're both pretty cool--Sinners' Banquet takes place outside, which is somewhat reminiscent of PSO's VR Temple, while Castle of Monsters is a mission almost entirely composed of large monsters (SEED-Vance, Zasharogans, SEED-Ardite, things of that nature), which is a fairly unique challenge (also beware of some rather nasty traps!)

Distant Dream is a mission that even people who played the Japanese version have probably never played. There's a very good reason for this.

Distant Dream is a new, custom mission. It has the following unique features:
New maps, taken from Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast version).
New music (also from Sonic Adventure).
Unique ranking condition (find three goggle targets in block 1).
Shiny glass everywhere (you have no idea how irritating it was to get the windows in block 1 working correctly).

Part of the goal was to have a simultaneous release of something for Clementine, because being able to do this isn't tied exclusively to one project or the other, but it ended up impossible due to real life considerations. Even this version got delayed by 3 months compared to when I was aiming for (it was intended for the "Sonic's birthday" seasonal event from online).

Please enjoy!

Note: For mission pack 4, I had recommended using a US online .exe hacked for offline mode, but that one caused NPC shops to always crash. I apologize for the inconvenience; for this pack, I've gone back to a modified version of the standard offline no-gg one, with a different solution to the "opening the counter twice crashes the game" (I've also added a save sphere and PP charger to the club for a smoother experience). The .exe for this pack has the maximum scene draw distance increased for all settings. If you actually needed near/medium, please let me know.

Known issues:
Castle of Monsters has no clear rewards (blame the old client).
Standard text overruns on the counter display.
Enemies not normally available offline have no drops (except Delnadian).
Rarely, monsters that fall off rooftops will get stuck rather than respawning; if this occurs, you'll have to exit and restart the mission.

EDIT 11/15: Surprises don't work if nobody realizes they exist.
Agrajag

Postby LightDark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 am

Fantastic work Agrajag! All your hard work has really paid off here.

One additional note for one of the missions included: The emeralds are very much there. Please look carefully for them!
LightDark

Postby Necman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 am

Thank you for the mission pack. Sounds fantastic. I don't think I'll be able to play for a few weeks but now have a good reason to reinstall psu. Your efforts are well appreciated and I would like to ask a question about the mission packs. Are they as much work as they sound, particularly since they have been assembled from other sources?
Necman

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding