AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby Midori Oku » Fri May 03, 2013 8:41 am

Agrajag wrote:No rare missions, sorry. They'll be in the final version, but I kinda don't want to preload everyone's characters to 200 with spammable 500% experience missions.

also why do you love robot missions so much

No rares is fine, I just figured I would bring them up. As for the robot missions............Masterforce! :3

Agrajag wrote:Was meaning to respond to this earlier, but it slipped through the cracks. Neither, technically; the only normal AotI mission files that will be used in the final version are Episode 2 (so if you're using shade's dubbing patch, it'll still work), everything else will be new. This also means that it can cohabitate with your standard AotI install, just don't try to bring your characters back from it, lest some nasty inventory corruption occurs.

So basically it will replace any of the mods we are currently using? Just open the file, add them to the folder, just like the other mods? >_______>
Midori Oku

Postby KanameChidori » Fri May 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Midori Oku wrote:
Agrajag wrote:No rare missions, sorry. They'll be in the final version, but I kinda don't want to preload everyone's characters to 200 with spammable 500% experience missions.

also why do you love robot missions so much

No rares is fine, I just figured I would bring them up. As for the robot missions............Masterforce! :3

Lmao when I read agrajag's post I thought to myself "Because hes a MF!" lol
KanameChidori

Postby shade » Sat May 04, 2013 3:22 am

Considering this :
This :
Agrajag wrote:At most, 12 mission ranks/variants total, so that it can simply replace an existing free mission. That can be C/B/A/S of 3 missions, C-S3 of 2 missions, or whatever.
And the fact the 3rd Sup' Up' brought seven new environments (I don't count the "Space Colony"), why to don't purpose 7 free missions, each based on a different "PSPo2i" fields (C Rank only) and up to 5 C ranks PSU(:AotI) online only free missions ? I think it's a good way to give a good glimpse of this expension.

Sure, people who doesn't have an updated JP clients will have to dl some additional files, but I don't think it's a big things. I should be able to upload the 3rd Sup. Up. files, including the new fields, but also the new musics, the new items, clothes, etc... Though everything will not be used yet. But at least, people will have a client ready for the D&H expansion.

And for the lack of 3rd update music, till a music is played on the 3rd Sup. Up. free mish', it isn't a real problem : *.adx can be swapped.
shade

Postby Agrajag » Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 am

shade wrote:And for the lack of 3rd update music, till a music is played on the 3rd Sup. Up. free mish', it isn't a real problem : *.adx can be swapped.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but all of the 3rd update free missions had new music. Red Hot Jungle had Jungle - A Forest Cage -, Snowcap Screamer had El-Bals Mountain, Fantastic Voyage had Aire Eglesia, Sinners' Banquet and Castle of Monsters (fun fact: they planned to have an Ohtori field lobby, but it never happened) play Ohtori Castle, Sunken Shrine plays Deep Blue Edifice, Beach Bum Beast plays Naked Sky, and Aquatic Mama plays Sub-Space Labo.

I'm trying not to bias your votes, but I'd recommend two things: do not use multiple missions in the same area (so no Sakura Blast/Flowery Pursuit/Robotanical Gardens combination), and try to avoid duplicating a mission theme (e.g. Mechanical Ghosts + Flowery Pursuit, or Dark God + Distant Memory, etc). If you all can get reasonably close to a consensus in the next day or two, I can have this pack released on or before Monday.
Agrajag

Postby shade » Sat May 04, 2013 6:31 am

What I meant, is, hum... Let's take an example. Suppose you'll release Sunken Shrine, and you'll associate the music "RELICS - Sleep -" (bbfa1ccc16df30db80d8138f7d8dd96d). If someone wants to hear "Deep Blue Edifice" instead, all (s)he'll have to do is to rename "3c8b0e1e3d03f87a6e2a57e89829f94b" to "bbfa1ccc16df30db80d8138f7d8dd96d", after to have changed this file's name. Of course, from this moment, every missions that use "RELICS - Sleep -" will play "RELICS - Sleep -". That's also why this kind of modification should be made only by methodical people, who know what are they doing, and how to revert these changes.
Last edited by shade on Sat May 04, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
shade

Postby KanameChidori » Sat May 04, 2013 6:33 am

Hmm maybe Bum Beach, the music isn't really a problem(Though I love Naked Sky) not sure if anyone asked but are the GAS missions going to be in as well? Like Ohtori and such, it might have been stated but I can't remember. Is MAG doable? I know it was an event but since there is a non event and event version figured I would ask, since that has multiple areas not in the offline, and maybe Ruins In The Mist. It's actually quite hard to find a good set of missions in different areas that aren't rare or have bosses, or are just boring in general.
KanameChidori

Postby LightDark » Sat May 04, 2013 7:16 am

shade wrote:And for the lack of 3rd update music, till a music is played on the 3rd Sup. Up. free mish', it isn't a real problem : *.adx can be swapped.

Agra said he could do that internally by changing which music the mission points at when loading the mission up. I didn't say it was a problem without the 3rd update music (and I really don't care if people choose those missions); I'm just saying it's not the same playing the missions without them.

shade wrote:What I meant, is, hum... Let's take an example. Suppose you'll release Sunken Shrine, and you'll associate the music "RELICS - Sleep -" (bbfa1ccc16df30db80d8138f7d8dd96d). If someone wants to hear "Deep Blue Edifice" instead, all (s)he'll have to do is to rename "3c8b0e1e3d03f87a6e2a57e89829f94b" to "bbfa1ccc16df30db80d8138f7d8dd96d", after to have changed this file's name. Of course, from this moment, every missions that use "RELICS - Sleep -" will play "RELICS - Sleep -".

This won't work because the US/EU versions lack the 3rd update files which actually contain the music. Even then, it also creates an unnecessary complicated mess which should be avoided by any means.
LightDark

Postby shade » Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 am

Hum... When Agarajag said :
Agarajag wrote:no 3rd update music--maps are fine, but pre-third update clients simply don't support the music
I thought it was because of the PsuIlluminusOff.exe, not simply the lack of files. But it's just an assumption I have based on what I've seen into post 3rd Sup. Up. PsuIlluminus.exe
shade

Postby LightDark » Sat May 04, 2013 8:35 am

shade wrote:I thought it was because of the PsuIlluminusOff.exe, not simply the lack of files.

Old post, but nonetheless:
Agrajag wrote:There's like a billion files that the JP version uses that aren't in the US version.

Although it's pretty much a given that since the JP supplemental update includes additional files as well as a major modification to the client, this makes it vastly incompatible (for now) with the US/EU files.

KanameChidori wrote:It's actually quite hard to find a good set of missions in different areas that aren't rare or have bosses, or are just boring in general.

Keep in mind you are only getting a set of three missions only, if you want C/B/A/S ranks, possibly more if you bug Agra enough (I'm kidding, of course). Alternatively, you can choose fewer missions in exchange for higher difficulties. So from the vast missions to choose from, make sure to pick the two or three that you want.
LightDark

Postby Midori Oku » Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 am

I vote for at least S rank+, assuming that he will give us higher ranks.
Midori Oku

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding