AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby Midori Oku » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:19 am

I have not checked here in some time now. Are you going to release the rest of the stuff all at once, or are you going to have anymore small things for us? Either way is fine with me. I just can't wait to play with some of the stuff you already have done! :P

Keep up the good work!
Midori Oku

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 01, 2013 4:28 am

The plan is to wait and release the whole thing at once. Individual mission packs take effort that simply won't benefit the final product at all (as in, any effort put into releasing missions is effort that's not going towards the final release), even ignoring all the ones that have issues that break them in the old offline versions but are fixed in my current modified .exe... which still has other issues that render it not fit for public consumption, especially with the standard data files.

That said, if anyone has any particular missions they'd like to see before the final release (disclaimer: no events, probably no bosses unless you don't care about the MP/meseta rewards, no 3rd update music--maps are fine, but pre-third update clients simply don't support the music, and I'm not maintaining multiple different versions of the game just for that), feel free to bring them up. I feel like there's enough time left before the release (no ETAs!) to justify spending the bit of time on that; I've already got a vote for Beach Bum Beast and Snowcap Screamer.

(Sorry I've been being quiet, been working on inglamorous things that are nevertheless necessary. All mission text except Passport to Subspace should be in English by the end of the week, special thanks to EspioKaos.)
Agrajag

Postby Midori Oku » Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 am

Seed Express, and Distant Memory would be cool to play again.

Quick question though. When the final version is released will its files replace the ones we have already used, or will we have to delete them ourselves first? I know this may sound like a stupid question to some (and it very well may be stupid), but I ask because I'm not too computer savvy. >____________>
Midori Oku

Postby LightDark » Thu May 02, 2013 4:25 am

Midori Oku wrote:Seed Express, and Distant Memory would be cool to play again.

Keep in mind that both SEED Express and Distant Memory both has a boss in it. Not too much of an issue but just wanted to point that out.

The lack of 3rd update music would be a let down for those missions that have them though. I think it would be easier to just release the free missions that don't require any real adjustments to them - for example, Flowery Pursuit or Military Subway.
LightDark

Postby Midori Oku » Thu May 02, 2013 8:54 am

LightDark wrote:
Midori Oku wrote:Seed Express, and Distant Memory would be cool to play again.

Keep in mind that both SEED Express and Distant Memory both has a boss in it. Not too much of an issue but just wanted to point that out.

The lack of 3rd update music would be a let down for those missions that have them though. I think it would be easier to just release the free missions that don't require any real adjustments to them - for example, Flowery Pursuit or Military Subway.

That's true. Mechanical Ghosts, and Lightning Beasts would be fun to play.
Midori Oku

Postby LightDark » Thu May 02, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah, but I rather have people get a chance play missions in areas that don't exist offline. SEED Express and Distant Memory are fine choices, but I'm just pointing out they won't contain bosses (boss portal removed?) or something to that effect.

I don't know how many missions Agra is willing to choose though. So make note of which ones you truly want for now.
LightDark

Postby Midori Oku » Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 pm

If there's not going to be a boss my votes are for Mechanical Ghosts, and Lightning Beast. Unless if Beach Bum Beast is actually not a problem. No 3rd update music does not really bother me that much. The rare missions (if at all possible) would be a nice addition. There's no boss, and they are in areas not part of the offline. :3
Midori Oku

Postby the SEGA shop » Thu May 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Midori Oku wrote: The rare missions (if at all possible)

Forest of illusion, phantom fissure and Illusionary Shaft would be excellent :D

Sakura Blast, Rainbow Beast and Flowery Pursuit perhaps? All the other missions I want to spam silly have bosses unfortunately.

Cant wait to forget what outside is again :D

Agrajag wrote:been working on inglamorous things that are nevertheless necessary.

Are you moving just some of the mission counters or all of them Agrajag? I'm sure those missions were on different counters before?? Could be wrong, it's been a while ;)
the SEGA shop

Postby Agrajag » Fri May 03, 2013 2:48 am

Midori Oku wrote:If there's not going to be a boss my votes are for Mechanical Ghosts, and Lightning Beast. Unless if Beach Bum Beast is actually not a problem. No 3rd update music does not really bother me that much. The rare missions (if at all possible) would be a nice addition. There's no boss, and they are in areas not part of the offline. :3

No rare missions, sorry. They'll be in the final version, but I kinda don't want to preload everyone's characters to 200 with spammable 500% experience missions.

also why do you love robot missions so much

I should probably be more precise with what I said, so put as simply as possible:
Bosses: Can be present. May or may not give meseta/MP as a reward.
Event/advanced missions: Not usable, technical problems (too many script calls that'll either kill the scripting engine entirely or hang it for 5 minutes at a time waiting for a server response)
3rd update areas: Will require a slightly larger download (people using the US client won't have the maps). Will either have their music changed, or will have no sound at all.

Laziness dictates: At most, 12 mission ranks/variants total, so that it can simply replace an existing free mission. That can be C/B/A/S of 3 missions, C-S3 of 2 missions, or whatever.

More detailed explanation on the boss thing:
The game has a simple language used to set conditions for various things ("quest is visible", "quest is selectable", "quest ends", "trial start", "trial success", "trial fail"), based on various information.

For an example of a working mission, here's the trial clear for The Dark God S3:
78000000 01000000 B0040000 C7000000 64000000 01000000 02000000 78000000 02000000 14050000 C7000000 64000000 01000000 02000000 00000000
In plaintext:
push map flag (zone 1, map 1200, flag 199)
push constant (1)
test equal, push result
push map flag (zone 2, map 1300, flag 199)
push constant (1)
test equal, push result
test condition "and"

So, when you trigger flag 199 in zone 1 map 1200 (=Falz 1's arena) and flag 199 in zone 2 map 1300 (=Falz 2's arena), the trial clears, yaaaaay.

Here's the trial clear for Distant Memory:
77000000 11000000 64000000 01000000 02000000
Or, in other words:
push party flag (0x11)
push constant (1)
check equal

Party flag 0x11 is set when you kill Dark Falz (2nd form). The problem is, offline's handler for opcode 0x77 ("push party flag") instead always treats it as 0, so... no trial clear, ever.

the SEGA shop wrote:Are you moving just some of the mission counters or all of them Agrajag? I'm sure those missions were on different counters before?? Could be wrong, it's been a while ;)

No missions are going to be in field lobbies, so everything's being moved to the closest main lobby counter (using the colony as an example, Linear Line contains Unsafe Passage v3, Fight for Food, and Rising Malice, while spacedock has everything else). Field lobbies were nice for immersion, but they made it annoying to actually get to the missions you're interested in.

(This also means organization in the counter may end up a tad weird. I'm not sure if there's a category limit, but a given category can only have 64 visible missions--8 pages of 8 missions. Anything past that won't show up.)

Midori Oku wrote:Quick question though. When the final version is released will its files replace the ones we have already used, or will we have to delete them ourselves first? I know this may sound like a stupid question to some (and it very well may be stupid), but I ask because I'm not too computer savvy. >____________>

Was meaning to respond to this earlier, but it slipped through the cracks. Neither, technically; the only normal AotI mission files that will be used in the final version are Episode 2 (so if you're using shade's dubbing patch, it'll still work), everything else will be new. This also means that it can cohabitate with your standard AotI install, just don't try to bring your characters back from it, lest some nasty inventory corruption occurs.
Agrajag

Postby the SEGA shop » Fri May 03, 2013 5:19 am

Agrajag wrote:, but I kinda don't want to preload everyone's characters to 200 with spammable 500% experience missions.

My main char has been on 200 for ages :D when your H&D comes out I will be starting again from scratch ;)

Thanks for the reply Agrajag
the SEGA shop

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding