AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby shade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 am

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 am
Agrajag wrote:Offer's still open. If you believe you're willing to do all of the story missions, I can give you early access to the current version of my PSU data file editor. A "yes" or "no" will suffice.
YES !

It would be really appreciated. And no worries about the rewriting of story missions dialogues, it will be done. Once I'll understand how tool works and how I can rebuild the *.nbl, with your permission I'll open another topic to "recruit" people to correct AE and G scripts. I'd love to do AE in addition of the F, but like you can see, err... I don't speak english well enough... And about G, it's worse, I know almost no german words...

By doing some test with files I've modified, I've noticed the sound was "unbalanced" compared to what I remind on JP servers. More exactly, the dubbing (yes...), during in-game cinematics, is slighly quiet compared to the sound effect, which make it hard to be listened because of the bubble sound.

Because the files I'm using come from the NA version of the game, I thought it was the origin of the problem. But I've tried with a JP original AFS (by decrompressing it, replacing some AE *.nbl by their J counterparts and recreating it), but I've encountered the same problem. Then I changed the *.exe (I've replaced the Modified .exe with your "14.30".exe and it solved the problem.

In fact, with an NA crack, during the game (i.e. when you talk to a NPC, like a vendor), the voice volume seems to be correct. But it's lowered during the in-game engine cinematics. And there's nothing that a "simple player" can do on its side, because the voice volume is linked to the S.E. one. This problem doesn't have to be fixed, because I assume you'll use a custom version of your "14.30".exe for your extension ; I just hope it won't be modified in a way that reproduces the problem I currently encounter with the NA *.exe.

Otherwise, I've a question/suggestion from one of my acquaintance. He'd like to know if your extension will generate logs like the online version did (especially the ActionLog). He asks this because he has tools which parse these files (things like an drop name translator and drop counter) and he'd like to know if he'll be able to continue to use them.

Thanks !
shade

Postby Agrajag » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 am

(Been staring at the damage formula recently, trying to get bows/cards swapped to TP. It's an ugly group of functions; turns out that striking weapons, normal ranged weapons, and RCSMs all have different functions that do them, and swapping firearms into the RCSM one or vice versa makes them stop working. )

I had no plans of figuring out how to make the logs work, but then I apparently accidentally enabled the chatlog, so it shouldn't be too hard to enable the action log. No promises. That said, while I can't help out on the drop counting front, if he wants the item names localized for a different language, by the time this is released, I'll have released the editor so he can change the in-game names.

I haven't checked the story mission dubbing volume, assuming it's a change in the .exe and isn't based solely on the language set in the game, it should be untouched. I've only tried to change the things that'll actually make the game work better with the english text (like the spacing on the synth status display), so if it doesn't draw my attention, I'm not likely to change it... intentionally, anyway.

And yes, as of right now, I am using a modified copy of the 14.30 exe. Annoying to fix up the things that were torn to pieces because of online, but worth it to not have to re-implement features that were already done. I'd like to customize it a bit more heavily for potential future expansion (take several of the data lists out of the .exe and put them into data files), but... that can be for later. Project's already progressing far slower than I'd like, that'd just postpone it further.
Agrajag

Postby filipeandrade » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello, guys.

I haven't been here too much, but once in a while I come here to know about the progress of this amazing project.
I don't want to rush anyone and I don't want to be annoying either, but I just wanted to ask Agra something...

Is there any possibilities of posting a file we can modificate so we can play a mission on Paracabana Beach?
I mean... I saw that before on the Linear Line counter with a mission in Il-Carbo, which was not present in offline mode. So is there any chance of doing the same thing, same counter, etc, but with a mission on the beach with that amazing "Naked Sky" music? That alone would be sufficient to make me happy for months. lol

A mission on those ice fields would be nice too.

Sorry, I don't want to bug or rush anyone, I just thought it doesn't cost anything to ask!

Oh, one last thing... I asked previously if there is any possibilites of using the chat function in offline mode. I know there'll be no one to talk to, but just for fun. Do you know if there is a possibility to implement that? I'd like to know if there'll be a possibility to visit the online exclusive lobbies too (like the beach, Falz Memoria, Foran Waterfall, etc).

Thank you and keep up the great work!!!
filipeandrade

Postby throttlekitty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Agrajag wrote:Decooooo you're back we missed youuuuu but not quite as much as throttlekittyyyyyyyyyyy.

Ahem.

-snip-

Ohai, just checking in. :) No net at home, but I migh join back up. Looks like you've come a long way! My comp had totally fried, I have zilch for the old files. Y'all still on irc?
throttlekitty

Postby Mewn » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Yep, we're still in #egs on lunarnet
Mewn

Postby Agrajag » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 am

THROTTLEKITTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hi.

(Do make an appearance on IRC. Much easier to discuss things there.)
Agrajag

Postby xBladeM6x » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 am

I'm probably going to be anally harassed for asking this, but when do you think we'll be seeing content like this:

xBladeM6x

Postby Evan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't think any etas were given however, I think there is a road map somewhere which describes what has to be done still.
Evan

Postby KanameChidori » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm

xBladeM6x wrote:I'm probably going to be anally harassed for asking this, but when do you think we'll be seeing content like this:

I think Agrajag said anywhere from 1 week to 10 years so yeah.
KanameChidori

Postby xBladeM6x » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm

KanameChidori wrote:
xBladeM6x wrote:I'm probably going to be anally harassed for asking this, but when do you think we'll be seeing content like this:

I think Agrajag said anywhere from 1 week to 10 years so yeah.

Good enough answer for me. 8-)
xBladeM6x

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding