AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby jamesfoil » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Downloaded the mission pack 4, with the all inclusive. Using a JP Client and it works great, thanks for the amazing effort you're putting into this. Can't wait to see what you release in the future! :)
jamesfoil

Postby thorof » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:59 pm

are you going to do the exengece quest and i really like what you have done :)
thorof

Postby shade » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 pm

thorof wrote:is there a way to get the Oratorio Frame in any of these mods?
Nop. None of the mods released till now include supplemental weapons or clothes (compared to the vanilla offline mode) ; only new environments, musics and difficulty ranks.

About the "exengece" quest... You meant "emergency" quests, as they're called in PSPo2(i ; and PSO2?) ? If so, yes, the Rare Free Missions will be in the final version of the D&H mod.

Irrelevant remark, but I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to modify the game resolution without breaking the (mini-)map or deforming the UI by adjusting some bytes, especially the ones bolded...
0x0035dbc3 : 8b 04 d5 2c 9d 85 00
0x0035dbd0 : 8b 14 cd 30 9d 85 00
0x0035e51d : 8b 04 d5 2c 9d 85 00
0x0035e52c : 8b 14 cd 30 9d 85 00
(addresses valid for a offline unpacked *.exe)

I also wonder if anyone knows :
1. What is the "(NTRWK)LMSQVOU (1 or 2)" thing ?
2. What can be enabled/disabled at 0x000f0df7, 0x000f0e08 ?
3. What differs between 01f0 and 08f5 at 0x00209ff ?
I tried to detect change(s) in game, or see what it could be thanks a debugger, but nothing has been found.
shade

Postby KanameChidori » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:28 am

The broken mini map is the only reason why I don't use the resolution mod. It would be great if it could be fixed.
KanameChidori

Postby shade » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:25 pm

I was wrong. What I mentionned was a good start, but here's what I should have published :

References to PsuIlluminusOff:.data:00859D2C..00859D2F ➝ 80 02 00 00
Address Command
0075E79C MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[859D2C] ➝ 8B 0D 2C 9D 85 00
0075E7C3 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX*8+859D2C] ➝ 8B 04 D5 2C 9D 85 00
0075F11D MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX*8+859D2C] ➝ 8B 04 D5 2C 9D 85 00
0075F13B MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[859D2C] ➝ A1 2C 9D 85 00

References to PsuIlluminusOff:.data:00859D30..00859D33 ➝ E0 01 00 00
Address Command
0075E7A5 MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[859D30] ➝ 8B 15 30 9D 85 00
0075E7D0 MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX*8+859D30] ➝ 8B 14 CD 30 9D 85 00
0075F12C MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX*8+859D30] ➝ 8B 14 CD 30 9D 85 00
0075F145 MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[859D30] ➝ 8B 0D 30 9D 85 00

Addresses for the unpacked *.exe can be found easily.

I tried to edit these things with the help of a debugger, I'm still unable to get the (mini)map fixed.

Someone else will probably fix it ; I'd like to understand how it can be done...
shade

Postby TheNoll » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 am

Hello everyone.

First I want to say: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I had no idea there was a PSU mod community, and these years I missed the game so much, that I tried to play PSO2 with some success, but the feeling is definitely not the same. I really loved PSU and so few days ago I made a post on PSOWorld asking if there was anything related to PSU in 2016.

Few very kind members pointed me to this community, and with great joy today I tried the basic PSU AOTI offline mod, and oh my god! I was SO HAPPY.

I woke up at 6:00 am in order to play the game before going to work (seriously), and I can't express just with words how happy you made me with your work.

I still have to install the "Despair and Hope" expansion (and I'm a bit lost in this topic actually, I have read the last 10 pages but I guess I have to go through all of it).

Also, I didn't try the Clementine server yet, although I plan to!

So that being said, with the basic offline patch, is it possible to craft items? I tried to craft some grinders but I can't access the storage to put the crafting materials.

Also, I realized it's already written in the thread, but I tried to level up a Rifle bullet over level 30, and I realized it's not "working as intended" after level 30. Is there already a patch that fixes that or it's still WIP?

Thanks for your answers, and again, thanks for bringing back to life PSU.
TheNoll

Postby shade » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:12 am

If you got the client and the patch here...

TheNoll wrote:I still have to install the "Despair and Hope" expansion (and I'm a bit lost in this topic actually, I have read the last 10 pages but I guess I have to go through all of it).
Simply grab the Mission Pack 4 available in this post. You don't need to dl the map file (already included in the latest version of the patch).

TheNoll wrote:Also, I didn't try the Clementine server yet, although I plan to!
Simply launch the online mode, you don't need any additional download. The 1st time you'll try to log-in, simply add a "_n" (without the quote) to your username to create your account. Next time, simply remove it to log-in normaly.

TheNoll wrote:with the basic offline patch, is it possible to craft items? I tried to craft some grinders but I can't access the storage to put the crafting materials.
It's possible offline, eitheir in the vanilla version or in D&H.

TheNoll wrote:I tried to level up a Rifle bullet over level 30, and I realized it's not "working as intended" after level 30.
Generally, offline and online PAs are different. Don't expect to retrieve offline what you had known online, as long as a more advanced version of D&H isn't out.
shade

Postby Thornz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:21 am

Hello,

I've lurked here for years, Great work and thank you to all of you involved with everything Phantasy star you all have been creating for the last few years. :)

Regarding mission pack 4:
After i complete a mission via Hal in the club, if i talk to her again and go to the mission menu my game crashes, (fatal assert, the .exe has stopped working)

I was using a West disc version of PSU:AOTI + your new mission pack 4 data.
I decided to then freshly install/download the jp client (via all mentioned links above) and added the mission pack 4, see if this stops the crashing but no luck.

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the issue or has a fix?

Also, i wondered if it is possible for you guys to add a small patch for the standard offline game for any of the following:
- Up the drop rate of rare enemies offline
- Increase frequency of rare enemy map spawns

Cheers,
Looking forward to see what you guys do with D + H and Clementine in the future :)
Thornz

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 am

Thornz wrote:Regarding mission pack 4:
After i complete a mission via Hal in the club, if i talk to her again and go to the mission menu my game crashes, (fatal assert, the .exe has stopped working)

I was using a West disc version of PSU:AOTI + your new mission pack 4 data.
I decided to then freshly install/download the jp client (via all mentioned links above) and added the mission pack 4, see if this stops the crashing but no luck.

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the issue or has a fix?

Unfortunately, I don't know why it crashes. I tried to chase it down once, it ended up somewhere in one of the .exe functions for loading the counter files (not one I changed).

If I had to guess, the offline client has an issue with large counters (that one's bigger than any other counter in the game, offline or on).

You know... shade mentioned it not seeming to be an issue on the current JP online client hacked to be offline. Anyone interested in being test subjects can try using this .exe instead. Remember to save frequently. This is the "final" (as in last) US/EU online client hacked to run offline (and with the bosswarp/lobby action stuff hacked in), so it gets a few extra things (such as meseta value coloring), in exchange for possibly having various hidden bugs dealing with the offline content.

Thornz wrote:Also, i wondered if it is possible for you guys to add a small patch for the standard offline game for any of the following:
- Up the drop rate of rare enemies offline
- Increase frequency of rare enemy map spawns

Cheers,
Looking forward to see what you guys do with D + H and Clementine in the future :)

That... goes two ways, unfortunately, and both are a little bit obnoxious:
Rare enemy appearance rates: Easy to determine (either they're there or they're not, if they're there, it's "good", if they're not, it's "bad"), but stored in every mission individually, so upping them would require either a silly .exe edit (as in, "modifying the RNG" levels) or redownloading all the offline missions.
Rare enemy droprates: Only one file, but a bit less straightforward to determine what's "good". Rappies are already guaranteed to not drop nothing, but it's split between a lot of meseta, their level drop (whichever / Power unit is in range), or their special drops (Cati / Skill PP Save, Rabol Rappy, or Holy Ray), none of which is "bad". I can try to do something reasonable here given a couple days, probably.

As a reminder, all missions in my mission packs that have rare monsters (so nothing from v1!) have a 1/4 chance of having that rare monster appear. This means relatively easy access to Delnadian (from SEED Express) (added bonus: Delnadians aren't available offline normally), Orgdus (from Black Nest), Jaggo (from Beach Bum Beast), Bil De Melan (from Snowcap Screamer and Citadel of Sand), and SEED-Lab Staff (from Bladed Legacy) (note: SEED-Lab Staff has no drops).
Agrajag

Postby Thornz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 am

Thank you for the reply :)

Cheers for the new .exe I will test it over the next few days with a duped save and let you know any issues (if any)
Great to hear rare spawns are in your new mission map packs with better percentages, i will get hunting :)

I have also found the crash with slightly different repro steps:
1. Boot up game, (JP .exe + Mission pack 4 data)
2. Play any normal available missions, e.g. fight for food.
3. Then go to Hal the crash happens straight away instead of playing 1 new mission pack mission first.
So the large mission list counter issue you mentioned certainly would make sense.

Great insight to the entity type system and rare spawning formulas.
Blimey, that seems a lot of work for upping a percentage globally.
I thought it might be e.g. DB table/.csv somewhere with a simple value for each entity types stats, drops, etc... that would apply globally to each mission..
However that makes more logical sense that each mission contains rare spawn values, exported all together.

How you guys unpacked and worked out all this info/data/code still is an awesome achievement! Keep up all the great work you all do for us fans!
(SEGA needs more people like you guys)
Thornz

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding