AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby TheReaverRaziel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:41 pm

I have seen a lot of talk about Japanese weapons and missions, how do I access them? I know how to put items into the game but don't know the item IDs of the Japanese items. Could someone provide me with them, or have they not been implemented yet? Thanks for all the work, between this and the project to bring PSU back online, you guys are doing an amazing job for a game I spent THOUSANDS of hours on
TheReaverRaziel

Postby TurtleRecon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:24 am

I'm not very tech savvy. I really need a guide or a helping hand trying to install this mod. I'm a die hard PSU fan, and I'm giddy with joy with the thought of playing again with this mod. But I have no idea if I know that I installed it correctly. How do I know that I have the added weapons or missions?

I tried following what you said, but I'm not that versatile with these sort of things like other people. And I resemble more of a potato when talking about computer tech. So if anyone can help me install, and walk me threw on confirming that I successfully installed it, I will be very grateful.

Thank you to anyone.
TurtleRecon

Postby Molten » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:06 pm

archives/forums/comments.php@DiscussionID=104&page=1.html#Item_0

there should be a file download somewhere on the page with item id for every item you can get, some of the jp stuff isn't added
Molten

Postby TheReaverRaziel » Fri May 01, 2015 7:26 pm

The link does not seem to be working.
TheReaverRaziel

Postby Agrajag » Tue May 05, 2015 1:20 am

Alright, so... the web host accidentally deleted all the files. I'll try to get them back up when I can.

ninjadejedi wrote:Hi there, i wonder if anyone can give me an update of this ? Also would i be able to play ep 3 if your work finish ?

If I can ever get past all the spreadsheet stuff (I'm sorry, I know it's a personal failing on my part, but... "make stats for 2000 weapons" is what the project has been stuck on for a very long time now, it's very difficult getting motivation for it), I can try to get episode 3 working. As it is right now, it may be pushed back a bit beyond the initial release. It's rather broken, and in a way that is completely separate from everything else in the game (fixing other things won't fix it, fixing it won't fix other things).
Agrajag

Postby KanameChidori » Tue May 05, 2015 6:51 am

Agrajag wrote:Alright, so... the web host accidentally deleted all the files. I'll try to get them back up when I can.

ninjadejedi wrote:Hi there, i wonder if anyone can give me an update of this ? Also would i be able to play ep 3 if your work finish ?

If I can ever get past all the spreadsheet stuff (I'm sorry, I know it's a personal failing on my part, but... "make stats for 2000 weapons" is what the project has been stuck on for a very long time now, it's very difficult getting motivation for it), I can try to get episode 3 working. As it is right now, it may be pushed back a bit beyond the initial release. It's rather broken, and in a way that is completely separate from everything else in the game (fixing other things won't fix it, fixing it won't fix other things).

Honestly I don't think many will care if episode 3 isn't there at release. Most of us just care about the JP content and events (I am personally more excited about the events than the JP content, being that I played JP for so many years). For many it will be the first time they get to experience the JP content. Episode 3 wasn't something that was starved from the US/EU servers like the content/events were.
KanameChidori

Postby shade » Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 am

I agree. But maybe Agrajag didn't want to release his extension episodically ?

Also, about the stats, don't know if it'd be a good idea, but why to don't let people fill up a spreadsheet ? Or why to don't use PSU (or PSPo2i) stats ?

Whatever, hang in there ! "Can't wait" to rediscover PSU.
shade

Postby ninjadejedi » Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 am

Agrajag wrote:Alright, so... the web host accidentally deleted all the files. I'll try to get them back up when I can.

Thanks for the update. And thanks for trying to make ep3 work. I mostly only care about the story, others event or jap contents only work if i have friends to play with.
ninjadejedi

Postby Agrajag » Fri May 08, 2015 4:16 pm

shade wrote:I agree. But maybe Agrajag didn't want to release his extension episodically ?

Didn't really want to, may have to. My goal is that each stage should be something "complete", even if it doesn't have every feature, if that makes any sense. So, for instance, as of right now, the following components are planned:
1. Episode 3.
2. Free missions.
3. Weapons/armor/units.
4. That grinding rework.
5. Event missions and exchanges.
6. PSP1 story missions.
7. Episode 1 free missions (relevant: I'm actually genuinely surprised that nobody mentioned the free mission "Absolute Zero" on the world tour thing).
8. "Very cool things".

The goal is that any particular feature would be "complete" when it came out. If free missions were released, the monsters need to drop their proper items (even if the items have placeholder stats...? I'd prefer not to do this, obviously); if the grind rework is in, proper item stats are required or you won't be able to grind anything. On the other hand, the episode 1 free missions need a little work to update them to be in line with AotI ones (e.g having difficulty settings), but they don't particularly affect anything outside themselves.

shade wrote:Also, about the stats, don't know if it'd be a good idea, but why to don't let people fill up a spreadsheet ? Or why to don't use PSU (or PSPo2i) stats ?

I actually have been kinda working on getting a straightforward spreadsheet-type thing, but for some reason other people also aren't too quick to volunteer for the boring stuff I don't want to do.

EDIT: Rather, among the people I keep close on this. If anyone's interested, as long as I consider you "trustworthy" (no offense intended, just... I try to keep this fairly low-key), I can walk you through on what the process looks like. Should be fairly simple, just kinda tedious.

Unfortunately, PSP2i uses a heavily modified system compared to PSU (compare PSP2 Spinteil Diska to its PSU equivalent).

Online PSU stats are... umm... all over the place. They're generally based more on when the item came out than anything consistent, and they severely overfilled 9* and 14* because most of the "new" items (in supplemental and beyond) were released when the level cap was already 170 or above when they were added (14* was the highest "standard" rarity, then 9* was the highest for non-S-rank items...). Trying to smooth that out. Also, no "increased PA damage" weapons, because that's ridiculous.
Agrajag

Postby KanameChidori » Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Some of us are quick to volunteer (or have nothing else better to do). Check your PMs if you haven't. As always thanks for the update. I completely forgot that the PSP1 story missions were even planned. That's pretty cool.
KanameChidori

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding