Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011 edited

PSU Loader for EN and JP client v1.0.2 (Requires .NET 2.0)
    ===========================================================================
    -Features added:

Custom Resolution*
    Custom Resolution: Widescreen*
    Use Alternate EXE
    Easy changing of screenshots path
    Private Server Support*

*=Requires a No-GameGuard EXE

EN clinent online and offline No-GameGuard EXE available for download at
    http://mmsp15.uphero.com/
    This loader was made for use on PSU: AotI. However, It will work on PSU(v1) for
    offline mode if it is in the correct folder. The options area is made for
    PSU:AotI and will not have any effect on PSU(v1) when changed. It is recommended
    to use the command line switch of "-psuv1" if using this loader in the PSU(v1)
    directory. (e.g. "loader.exe" -psuv1)

If problems occur between this loader and your OS with being allowed to check
    for the options ini file. The temporary fix is to use "-noopt" switch in the
    command line. (e.g. "loader.exe" -noopt)

The Japanese version of PSU:Aoti is supported by this loader. However the
    private server feature is currently only supported for the EN client.

-Required Client Versions for extra features

EN Client: 2.0009.2 (Available at http://mmsp15.uphero.com/)
    JP Client: 2.0014.10
    (Updated: 12/15/2011)
    -Completed Redesign

(Updated: 12/06/2011)
    -Complete rebuild of everything
    -Optimizations and code restructuring

Download: http://mmsp15.uphero.com/psuOnline_12152011.7z

Preview

Comments and suggestions welcome (tho if i follow through with a suggestion who knows)
    and as usual if you dont like it you dont have to use it :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011

That does look quite neat indeed ( didn't test/dl yet)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGAMA

nicely done :)

my loader looked sexyer tho. :p but mine is just an image xD
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

lol i took into consideration if your loader mockups layout gamma... but since i wanted to make it universal to non specific server use... i didnt want to add any extra things like event box or anything tho could easily add at later date :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTom

Thats sick!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGAMA

i was just teasing, yours is fine :p
    Very nice, I would test it out on Linux under Wine, but I've been unable to get PSU running under Wine since installing the x86_64 version of Fedora 15. PSU would run fine on the 32-bit version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRygdea

Nice, man!
    • CommentAuthorJovi

That is pretty sweet! Is there any way to get a choice of original PSU or AOTI for the offline button? Having everything all in one loader would be quite handy.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

does offline for v1 use a diff exe name and command? if so just tell me and i can just make detect which is there and do the one required
    • CommentAuthorJovi

They're in different folders, but they do seem to be named differently. It's PsuOff.exe for the offline version. On my computer they're in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE\." Hope that helps.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

well the loader goes in the folder where psu is at i didnt set it to load from a diff directory to detect where you have installd... but i can make it check for that one aswell and if it finds that one make it load it :) im pretty sure the command is still -PSU -OFF for it
    • CommentAuthorJovi

Ah, see I was wanting both to be useable at the same time. The original PSU offline had a very different story mode than AOTI. As it stands right now, if I want to play the original story (episode 1) I have to use the original loader, but if I want to play AOTI's offline (episode 2) I have to use the AOTI loader. I just thought it'd be simpler to have your loader ask which one you want to load—or have two buttons for offline mode—so only the one loader is needed. If you can't, that's fine. It was just a suggestion.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

you have them in the same folder? i could just make it an extra option to have it set if its v1 or v2
    • CommentAuthorJovi

I would gladly move the original files into the same folder if you did that, yeah.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

if the game would work that way i could do it... ive never had v1 installed (cept jp version long ago) so ive none to test
    • CommentAuthorJovi

I just tested it out and it doesn't run. I guess I should have figured it wouldn't. Oh well.
    • CommentAuthorAgrajag

v1 has a different file hashing routine. It can't find the AotI files.

Nice work!
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

@jovi
    ill just make it detect if its in folder with psuoff or psuilluminusoff and launch the respective one

@everyone else
    •  
      CommentAuthorRikku

I love it :)
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011

Updated with v1/v2 detection for Offline mode and Private Server support. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTom

<blockquote><cite> mmsp15:</cite>well... tell me what ya think. Made in c# with extra features like integrated options, changing the screenshots path within options, use of alternate exe, and... CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS (provided your using a nogg exe). Adding private server options soon in hopes that this project will take back off but the loader itself can use be used on with the jp client aswell for those who like their options in english.

(Updated: 8/22/2011)
    -Added v1/v2 detection for offline mode
    -Added Private Server support

Download: http://mmsp15.uphero.com/psuloader_08222011.7z

Preview

Comments and suggestions welcome (tho if i follow through with a suggestion who knows)
    and as usual if you dont like it you dont have to use it :)</blockquote>
    You sir are epic!
    • CommentAuthorJovi

Works splendidly! I'm assuming putting the address for the EGS server in the section under the new "Server" tab will remove the need for host file editing, yes? The server is still down, so I couldn't really play with it to test it out.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

i havent fully tested but with offline replacment of the setting in the exe... yes it would remove the need for host file editing :D... and if anyone wondering why name is disabled... its cause i havent bothered taking time to change it.. basically all that is gonna do is change the window name or if not that... just to tell you what server youve got set.
    • CommentAuthorjuliox

it doesnt work for me it says: the program has stoped working
    • CommentAuthorBCRS

In the resolution drop down menu you have PSU's standard resolutions, Custom 4:3 and Custom 16:9. My screen has a ratio of 16:10, which means I still have to hack the .exe myself. Any way you could add Custom 16:10 as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQwerty

I still don't get why 16:9 was deemed preferable to 16:10.
    •  
      CommentAuthoressen

16:10 is preferred.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoda
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011 edited

I guess it's a lot easier and cheaper for the LCD panel fabrication plants if they only have to make one aspect ratio for more devices.

For PSU, it's probably Sega being lazy and console centric.
    •  
      CommentAuthoressen

Haven't had one not 16:10 for a long time.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011 edited

the custom resolutions are modifying the default ones from the game and since ive no idea yet how to modify the ratio just the dimensions. you can try and use the 16:9 one to set a res... basically the chosen option modifys either 640x480 selection in the exe or the 1280x720 one. other than that... server name fixed so server tab is done as far as i can tell :D

juliox:it doesnt work for me it says: the program has stoped working

ive no idea why its not launching for you.. make sure your .net framekwork is up to date is all i can think its worked on every diff enviroment ive tried from xp up to 7 in both x86 and x64.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoda
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011

Just out of curiosity, did you also find a way around the mini-map displacement issue with particularly high custom resolutions? That was always something I was going to attempt with EXE hacks, but life has always been too distracting.
    • CommentAuthorjuliox
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011

i have net framework 4 and W7 x64, the original online.exe works fine
    • CommentAuthorSelena
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011 edited

Don't work for me.

When i click in the loader.exe says: "No settings file was found. Opening Options to generate one.".

But I already have the file generated by option.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011

juliox:i have net framework 4 and W7 x64, the original online.exe works fine

it should be working fine then cause thats the same as whats on mine.

Noda:Just out of curiosity, did you also find a way around the mini-map displacement issue with particularly high custom resolutions? That was always something I was going to attempt with EXE hacks, but life has always been too distracting.

i havent changed any parts of the placment system just the standard resolution change.

Selena:Don't work for me.

When i click in the loader.exe says: "No settings file was found. Opening Options to generate one.".

odd cause i have it checking for the psuilluminus.ini in the correct places and if it doesent find it to generate the new one.
    checking in:
    xp: c:\Documents and Settings\~your user name~\Local Settings\Application Data\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\
    Vista/7: C:\Users\~your user name~\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\

so unless for some odd reason your game stores it elsewhere which it shouldnt as far as i know... it shoulda found it
    since i made this mainly for AotI.. its gonna only look for its ini file so if its a v1 installation thats why its not finding it
    • CommentAuthorGenjimaru

mmsp15:
    (...)

odd cause i have it checking for the psuilluminus.ini in the correct places and if it doesent find it to generate the new one.
    checking in:
    xp: c:\Documents and Settings\~your user name~\Local Settings\Application Data\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\
    Vista/7: C:\Users\~your user name~\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\

so unless for some odd reason your game stores it elsewhere which it shouldnt as far as i know... it shoulda found it
    since i made this mainly for AotI.. its gonna only look for its ini file so if its a v1 installation thats why its not finding it

That's funny.. my game saves those files within game dir, that is "C:\Games\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus - JP\"
    Both JP and US versions store those files there.
    Unless I'm wrong, perhaps you should add an alternative directory to look for those files =/
    • CommentAuthormmsp15

the PsuIlluminus.ini in the games directory is a default one the actual settings file is stored in the paths ive typed above.
    • CommentAuthorSelena

Genjimaru:
    mmsp15:
    (...)

checking in:

That's funny.. my game saves those files within game dir, that is "C:\Games\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus - JP\"
    Both JP and US versions store those files there.
    Unless I'm wrong, perhaps you should add an alternative directory to look for those files =/
    Really funny, I modified the places where it is the PsuIlluminus.ini to see if it works, but even so, Blessed is the warning keeps popping up.
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011 edited

only thing i can think of is if you have an antivirus blocking it access to do the check or something cause its rather odd that it wont detect it :p... ill look in to seeing if i can make it do a better file check.

when you change options in the default loader... does the settings change in the psuillumnus.ini in the games folder?
    • CommentAuthorGenjimaru

mmsp15:only thing i can think of is if you have an antivirus blocking it access to do the check or something cause its rather odd that it wont detect it :p... ill look in to seeing if i can make it do a better file check.

when you change options in the default loader... does the settings change in the psuillumnus.ini in the games folder?

It changes for me in both default directory and alternative.

@Selena did you try running the loader as Administrator? I always set my programs to run as Admininstrator and turned off UAC. (I'm presuming you're under win vista/7
    It is either that or antivirus blocking access as mmsp15 said, altho computers sometimes refuse to execute certain requests out of the blue and fix themselves later on.
    • CommentAuthorSelena

Genjimaru:
    mmsp15:only thing i can think of is if you have an antivirus blocking it access to do the check or something cause its rather odd that it wont detect it :p... ill look in to seeing if i can make it do a better file check.

@Selena did you try running the loader as Administrator? I always set my programs to run as Admininstrator and turned off UAC. (I'm presuming you're under win vista/7
    It is either that or antivirus blocking access as mmsp15 said, altho computers sometimes refuse to execute certain requests out of the blue and fix themselves later on.
    I use Windows XP Home SP3.
    Before enabling the loader, i turn off the antivirus to avoid conflicts, but still the message keeps appearing.

* About psuilluminus.ini, but when I change the options, really changes in the C: \ Documents and Settings \ TREX \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ SEGA \ Phantasy Star Universe Illuminus \

I will try to reinstall the game to see if the directory is a mistake ...
    • CommentAuthorjuliox
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011

sorry man even whit your new release, nothing always the same error. just for info mi install is in D:/sega/phantasystaruniverseilluminus
    •  
      CommentAuthorGAMA

mmsp15 make the loader ask "where is the psu exe, person browses to it ,hits ok.
    • CommentAuthorGenjimaru

Selena:
    Genjimaru:

I use Windows XP Home SP3.
    Before enabling the loader, i turn off the antivirus to avoid conflicts, but still the message keeps appearing.

* About psuilluminus.ini, but when I change the options, really changes in the C: \ Documents and Settings \ TREX \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ SEGA \ Phantasy Star Universe Illuminus \

I will try to reinstall the game to see if the directory is a mistake ...

That's weird, I'm using win XP pro x64 sp2 and it works fine for me.
    Let's wait and see what mmsp15 will find out. cant really figure out what's wrong with your computer >_<
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2011 edited

juliox:sorry man even whit your new release, nothing always the same error. just for info mi install is in D:/sega/phantasystaruniverseilluminus

my installs are in d:\SEGA\PSU and d:\SEGA\PSUJP

GAMA:mmsp15 make the loader ask "where is the psu exe, person browses to it ,hits ok.

it doesent look for it in random place looks for it in the same directory as the loader is in

switches that were added in todays version should help with some of the problems since theres no real reason that i know of cause the file detection method is just the simple built in one that always works for everything else so the -noopt should help with the aggrevating box about not finding options file.

as for the reason of it still not working for some ppl... ive no clue cause everyone ive sent it around to using diff systems and version of windows... works fine
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011 edited

-Added "-deleteini" switch (for use in making a fresh ini file)
    -Changed from .NET framework 3.5 to 2.0
    -Fixes to private server options

I also uploaded the last patch files from the EN client (2.0009.2), the EN No-GG client, the offline EN No-GG client, and 2 file lists (ADX and AFS) saying what files are what in the EN client to http://mmsp15.uphero.com/

:)
    • CommentAuthormmsp15
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011

-Updated PSU JP custom resolution addresses to support v2.0014.10

for those who are using a NoGG client that is ;)
    • CommentAuthorDrOphilus
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011 edited

this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks much!
    I'm unable to get the loader working under Wine, for Linux, just as a by the way. Not sure if you already knew this or not.
    • CommentAuthorDrOphilus
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011

this is way awesome... playing the game in 1600x900 finally xD
    one thing I noticed - in this expanded resolution, my mini-map is not focused, any way to fix this on my end?
    the other thing... running on a nice laptop, core i3, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470... and in particularly detailed (grassy areas in extremely) fps problems. anyone have an idea of how I should set my in-game graphics to eliminate that? or maybe tweak the ATI card's anisotrpic settings?