Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited

As promised to some peeps on the Server earlier:

Hacking PAs is not hard, it took me some Minutes, but i did it ages ago on Offline mode, so i knew how it would go.

Anyway, what you want to know:

Photon Arts which are for Melle Weapons start with a 04, 05 are Gun Teches and 06 are Caster Teches.

Following up with the Weapon Type (01 for 2h Swords, 07 for Daggers, etc) and then with the Photon Art Type.

Heres a Screeny with the PA Type IDs:
    (http://i28.tinypic.com/1zx2ovb.png)(if the Pic wont show)

Next comes the PA Level, ranging from 00 (LV 01) to 31 (LV50).

Actually after the Level the PA Exp is following up, but its not interesting atm.

What you get for Moubu Seiren-zan is 04070000 on EGS.

04 says it's a melee PA, 07 says it's for twin daggers, 00 says it is this type (look at the picture) and the next 00 says it is Level 1.

(This method hacks your learned Teches, not the Disks in your Inventory or whatsoever..)

For your Help, to find the needed Address quickly, look for Address starting with 12XXXXXX after you've inputted the Values to search for.

---------------

For Items,

Items Generally follow this Schema (For Weapons):

ID1 ID2 ID3 ID4 QQ XX XX XX PP1 PP1 PP2 PP2 ATT ATT RR RS ELE %% PA NS NS TP PA PL XX XX XX XX

(Note: Current on EGS, the Inventory slots have first 4 bytes going like this:
    10 8F 00 00 ID1 ID2 ID3 ID4 QQ XX XX XX PP1 PP1 PP2 PP2 ATT ATT RR RS ELE %% PA NS NS TP PA PL XX XX XX XX
    11 8F 00 00 ID1 ID2 ID3 ID4 QQ XX XX XX PP1 PP1 PP2 PP2 ATT ATT RR RS ELE %% PA NS NS TP PA PL XX XX XX XX

etc.)

ID1=ITEM ID VALUE (01 for Weapons, 02 Armors, etc.)
    ID2=ITEM TYPE (01 for 2h Sword, 03 for Spears, 07 for Twin Daggers, etc)
    ID3=ITEM DIGIT(Starting from 00)
    ID4=ITEM MANUFACTURER(00 = GRM, 01 = YOHMEI, 02 = TENORA, 03 = KUBARA)
    QQ=QUANTITY
    PP1=CURRENT PP (PP Values read backwards in the Memory Field, so if in Hex, 9999 is 270F, you have to put in 0F 27 to get 9999)
    PP2=MAX PP
    ATT=ATTACK BONUS (Flat Damage Bonus, adds to ATT)
    RR=RANK (C-RANK,B-RANK,A-RANK,S-RANK)
    RS=RARITY IN STARS
    ELE=Element (00 = None, 01 = Fire.... 05 = Light, 06 = Dark)
    %%=What % for the Element ( 64 = 100%)
    PA=WHICH PHOTON ARTS IT TAKES (Melle, Bullet, Tech..)
    NS=NUMBER OF SLOTS TAKEN (00=2 SLOTS, 01=LEFT SLOT, 02=RIGHT SLOT)
    TP= Weapon Type (Required for PA, should have same weapon type as the weapon is)
    PA=Photon Art ID (00-06 or so)
    PL=Photon Art Level (00-31)

For Armors etc. you just take the above Listing and fill in ID1-ID4 and put in to the rest 00

- Added Photon Arts Damage Radius

~1AC0 (1AB8?): PA stats (0x30 bytes per)
    0x6C0 bytes total (36 arts learned at a time)
    Example skill (Moubu Seiren-zan):
    8800 ATP modifier
    3200 ATA modifier
    60000000 Current EXP.
    0F Required PP
    02 Number of targets
    0100 Number of combos (up to maximum defined for that skill; no 4-hit sabers)
    8E23 (PA Damage Range) 8E + (00 - 7F)
    392E (PA Damage Range) 39 + (00 - 7F)
    501A (UNK)
    AB2A
    501A
    AB2A
    C800
    0C00

I hope this helps some Researchers.

Edit:
    Small Tutorial Video for people who'd like to have a Tutorial.

List of Items: http://psupedia.info/~essen/tmp/itemslist.txt

• CommentAuthorAgrajag
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

The photon art number matches the disc number from Essen's item list. The level of the PA affects the graphic, but not the number of combos (which is contained in the actual PA data; PP cost, range, numtargets, etc) later on in the packet.

Directly before what you're looking at is the items in your palette. Directly after is inventory data. It's a bit outdated, but this is what you're looking at. The packet header isn't replicated in memory, and the type data is decompressed (the packet has it in an unknown format, but RAM has it expanded out to just be 1 byte per weapon per type, in order).
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010

I did it on Offline Mode, the Level of the PA also affected the Number of the Combos, so you could directly change it the way i did.

The Disc Number is exactly what i've elaborated, 04 - 06 is the Tpye (Melle, Ranged, Tech), next is the Weapon Type (03 for Spear as in your Txt), next the PA Type ID (See the Screen) and then the Level.

Also Regarding the Weapons:

" FD00 Current PP
    FD00 Max PP
    02 Rank (CBAS; display only)
    03 Number of stars -1 (so 1* = 00) "

The 0000 after Current and Max PP is the Additional Damage Value, try to put in 0F0F for example, the Weapon Damage Value changes drasticaly.
    thank you. I couldn't find the element data in my research for rods, thats saves some time. BTW, if interested i have the whole magic PA list on my post. Thanks again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010

No problem, as long as you have a use to that.

Also i prefer to dig with Melee Weapons, so i don't care for Casting Techniques alot. Thanks anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2010 edited

Updated Photon Arts notes, Photon Arts Damage Range.
    • CommentAuthordoctor
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010

can we get a video of this please? T_T it's teasing me enough xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010 edited

doctor:can we get a video of this please? T_T it's teasing me enough xD

I can make a Video if you want >_>, but you can just look around in Screenshots Topic, plenty of stuff there.
    • CommentAuthordoctor
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010

yeah ive seen alot on this blog-http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=86&page=1#Item_0 ...and yes i would like a video =D and plenty of members...mmm and lots of thanks man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010

doctor:yeah ive seen alot on this blog-http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=86&page=1#Item_0 ...and yes i would like a video =D and plenty of members...mmm and lots of thanks man!

I guess i'll make a Video with the Offline Mode, have more possibilities there atm than with Online.
    • CommentAuthordoctor
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

Hominghead:
    doctor:yeah ive seen alot on this blog-http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=86&page=1#Item_0 ...and yes i would like a video =D and plenty of members...mmm and lots of thanks man!

I guess i'll make a Video with the Offline Mode, have more possibilities there atm than with Online.

thanx man :D!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010

I've recorded one, it turned out to be crappy quality (HyperCam with MPEG plugin), it had strong lag especially during PAs, idk, i might record again.
    where do i need to search to modify my weapons offline? i want to play around
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010

So i've recorded a Video now with Audio accompaniation, when editing it i came to realize that the Video is way faster than the Audio is, so i had to delete what i've recorded once again.

Any Tips to a noob youtuber?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNobody
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010

Hominghead:So i've recorded a Video now with Audio accompaniation, when editing it i came to realize that the Video is way faster than the Audio is, so i had to delete what i've recorded once again.

If your serious about youtube drop some money on a good recorder like Fraps or something, as for editing don't be afraid to use money there to, Windows movie maker just doesn't cut it. Audio wise, music added should be legal and purchased with a blanket license of some sort. For audio commentary (my favorite) get a decent microphone and record while you watch the video you recorded. But this is if your like Machinima serious, if not use illegal music and do whatever the hell you want :3.
    •  
      CommentAuthoressen

There's plenty enough legal free music.

A lot of them are on jamendo:
    http://www.jamendo.com/en/creativecommons

Many others are in various places on the Internet, usually the composers/groups websites.

There is absolutely no need to buy music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNobody

essen:There's plenty enough legal free music.

A lot of them are on jamendo:
    http://www.jamendo.com/en/creativecommons

Many others are in various places on the Internet, usually the composers/groups websites.

There is absolutely no need to buy music.
    Well.... ;; Don't listen to me next time...
    •  
      CommentAuthoressen

Well you are right about everything else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010

Nobody:
    Hominghead:So i've recorded a Video now with Audio accompaniation, when editing it i came to realize that the Video is way faster than the Audio is, so i had to delete what i've recorded once again.

If your serious about youtube drop some money on a good recorder like Fraps or something, as for editing don't be afraid to use money there to, Windows movie maker just doesn't cut it. Audio wise, music added should be legal and purchased with a blanket license of some sort. For audio commentary (my favorite) get a decent microphone and record while you watch the video you recorded. But this is if your like Machinima serious, if not use illegal music and do whatever the hell you want :3.

Have HyperCam and Fraps both registered, thats not the issue, i was working with Hypercam as i can play and shittalk on mic simultaneously, the issue was after recording and reviewing the vid, the Audio was much slower than the Video and thus they desynched which sucks :l

For Video-cutting i usually go with WinMovieMaker as it is pretty slim, but i have After Effects and similar crap somewhere around aswell.

What to do about that desynching matter?
    • CommentAuthordoctor
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010

hey if i can understand 40% of what your doing i'm good
    •  
      CommentAuthorNobody
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010

Hominghead:
    Nobody:

Have HyperCam and Fraps both registered, thats not the issue, i was working with Hypercam as i can play and shittalk on mic simultaneously, the issue was after recording and reviewing the vid, the Audio was much slower than the Video and thus they desynched which sucks :l

For Video-cutting i usually go with WinMovieMaker as it is pretty slim, but i have After Effects and similar crap somewhere around aswell.

I dunno just seem like a stupid error maybe try recording with a different software and see if they are still messed up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010

Nobody:
    Hominghead:
    Nobody:

I dunno just seem like a stupid error maybe try recording with a different software and see if they are still messed up.

Hmm...figures...

Awell, i`m on vacations atm, will take some time until i get back and load up a proper video..
    • CommentAuthordoctor
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010

well.. good luck
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010

You wouldn't happen to have a .txt listing the values for weapon type, weapon, and other stuff you could upload somewhere do you? What you give leaves anyone else to a huge trial & error guessing game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010 edited

There was a .txt on around here with that, but its not a huge guessing game, you would have to guess only approx 7 - 8 times, since most of items starting from 00 to 06 are low ranked swords anyway, so i would start searching on from 07 or so. (refering to the 3rd ID field)

Other than that i did not need a list of ids since its pretty easy to remember...

As said, i'll get to the Video once i'm back from vacations...

Edit: Here a List http://psupedia.info/~essen/tmp/itemslist.txt

01060D00 is for Tiga
    • CommentAuthorTsu
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010

PLEASE HELP ME.

I have Cheat Engine, I have AOTI and I'm trying to hack myself weapons in offline mode using the data in this page, and my own ingenuity. I managed to turn a Sodad into a Svaltus Sword using the item list and a LOT of time. I pretty much searched for the item id value and using the Windows Calculator, converted it's current PP into hex, then looked through the memory regions until I found one that looked decent enough (e.g. 01 01 00 02 01 00 00 5F , when it's current PP was 95...) I then changed the address, froze it, dropped the Sodad, picked it up and looked at my inventory - nothing. Upon closing and reopening my inventory however I noticed it had changed into the item I wanted.

However, I'm having extreme difficulty doing this at all for other weapons. What I'm wondering, is that if someone can write a foolproof mini guide for offline hacking that gives a logical step by step method for finding what offsets items in your inventory are at? I really just want to play the damn game with hacked weapons offline. While the information here, especially the item list, is invaluable, it is essentially worthless if no method is presented (to outsiders like me with no experience hacking PSU) on how to FIND what you need to replace to begin with..

I hope this post doesn't seem rude- I don't mean to be rude- I just really want to know how to find items in my inventory to edit them quickly (it took me about 2 hours to isolate the memory region the Sodad was at).

Thanks in advance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010 edited

I'm in the same boat as Tsu. I bought a Dual Slasher and found it's array of bytes in the memory, tried to change the various bytes to match that of a Tiga, froze the address and messed around with the item, but nothing seems to have changed.

EDIT: Nevermind, upon saving and reloading my game, the item has changed to what I desired it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010

Tsu:

I hope this post doesn't seem rude- I don't mean to be rude- I just really want to know how to find items in my inventory to edit them quickly (it took me about 2 hours to isolate the memory region the Sodad was at).

Thanks in advance.

There is no need to panicaly post a demand for a tutorial when i've already said i'll make one.

You have the Information, it is up to you how you get around with that,
    i'll post a video with the easiest way how to do that when i'm back from vacations... so stop posting unless you have something else to ask for, as i don't want to repeat myself everytime...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010

Here's a question I have for you Homing.
    That Tiga I made, I gave it about 300 more ATT to make it a little more balanced. It's at 0/10; what would happen if I were to try grinding it, I wonder?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRikku
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010

Macman:Here's a question I have for you Homing.
    That Tiga I made, I gave it about 300 more ATT to make it a little more balanced. It's at 0/10; what would happen if I were to try grinding it, I wonder?

It would return to it's original ATT with 1/10 on it.
    • CommentAuthorTsu
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010 edited

Hominghead:

There is no need to panicaly post a demand for a tutorial when i've already said i'll make one.

You have the Information, it is up to you how you get around with that,
    i'll post a video with the easiest way how to do that when i'm back from vacations... so stop posting unless you have something else to ask for, as i don't want to repeat myself everytime...

Uh, I only posted once. =/ Spending hours to figure it out is frustrating, sorry.

Mm I found a way to hack items easily, without having to save and reload your game.

Here's a small guide on the method I used.

1: go to the Guardians Colony, any shop would work but I prefer this one. Make sure the weapons section of your inventory is empty...it makes it easier. Go to the Weapons shop, buy a handgun.

2: Open Cheat Engine. Click the flashing color icon in the top left and select the PSU process (should have the PSU icon). Open the itemlist.txt and find the value for a Handgun. Do a Array of Byte Hex search for the value of the Handgun, 01 14 00 00...

3: You're gonna get a ton of results for that string. If a Handgun doesn't work, try a bow (I get 100+ values searching for a handgun, whereas I get less than 10 with a bow..but I used the Handgun anyway :P)

Anyhow, and this is what finally made it click- Hominghead noted somewhere in this thread that inventory values start with 07! Thanks for all the info Hominghead.. Anyway scroll down and you should see a value in the left column starting with 07...right click it and go to "browse this memory region". Notice, that there are two "5F 00 5F 00" values in memory a bit after the item id values (01 14 00 00). That's the Current/Max PP values for the weapon....which is how we know this is the correct memory region to edit for the item. A Handgun's PP is 95, and 5F in hex = 95 in decimal.. If it's tough to find the values when you're searching for the item id array, then instead search for the Current/Max PP values (I used Windows 7 Calculator in programmer's mode to easily convert hex to decimal)

4: Close the memory browser and highlight the 07xxxxxx region you found, click the arrow to the bottom left of the results list to move it down to the editable cheat list.

5: Replace the values with the values for another weapon from the itemlist.txt (in this case I'm doing Ruby Bullet). Click below the "value" column in the cheat list, change the value, then click the check box under freeze to freeze the value in memory.

6: Exit the shop, zoning reloads the char data I guess? Open your inventory and you should have the weapon you wanted:

When you're done I'd advise unfreezing the memory and deleting it from the list. Run back to your room and store the item and then you can repeat the process- I noticed if you leave the item in your inventory, then buy another Handgun and try and make it into something else, when you freeze the memory and zone BOTH items will change into the currently frozen memory value. No good..

Downsides to this method, is that the new Weapon while having the superior stats, seems to retain the PP values of the weapon it was originally (In this case a Ruby Bullet with 95 PP, which isn't very useful xD). If you used the same hex converter in calc, you could change the PP values of it as well. Also, the icon of the weapon in the weapons list doesn't change (although the values for doing so are listed in the original post).

I hope this helps people out. I think it'd be useful if someone made an image of the Cheat Engine memory browser and put colors/made a guide for what regions of memory are what (similar to some of the images in the thread for editing your appearance). I would do it, if I was sure of all the values locations...

If anyone here who knows better than me sees any discrepancies or errors in my guide, by all means let me know and I'll fix them. I've only been doing this for about a day (although I think I did it for vanilla PSU offline mode a few years ago)
    -Tsu
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010 edited

Most interesting, the 07 deal should make finding your stuff to edit much easier. Another tip would be to not buy GRM when getting gear to edit, as the 4th ID is 00 and would blend in with other entries (especially in armor's case)
    On another note, I was trying to make a Yiel Line, and for the strangest reason it was registered as an 11* armor. I couldn't change it at all even after changing both the rank to S and the stars value to OD, it stayed at 11*. Any idea why that is?
    • CommentAuthorTsu
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010

GRM gear is just more difficult to find. Since I'm lazy, when I made weapons before I used a Hikauri bow (because it has 432 pp...), but now that I'm looking at all this I'm beginning to understand it based on Hominghead's first post.

I tried making a Yiel Line as well and noted the same thing. I managed to change the rank icon (04 is S Rank) and then tried changing the number of stars.

Mind you, I'm not an avid PSU player. I've played it casually since it came out offline, and I did play on Sega's servers for a little while before they closed. However, I'm a comp. security professional and I've run 5 Ragnarok Online private servers and a World of Warcraft server. I only got into PSU recently, after closing a RO server due to lack of popularity. I understand how to hack, how hex works and how programming and scripting work, however- my knowledge of PSU is minimal..

I think there could be a few different scenarios on why it isn't working.

One, perhaps the item it's based on affects how the stars display in the client. Perhaps there's another undocumented byte in there somewhere that affects this. For example, one of the "xx" bytes. So, if you take a lower ranked item and change it to an S-ranked item, maybe there's a hard limit on how many stars the item can display based on that original item. I did the same thing you did and changed the value to 0D (13), refreshed by walking out of the shop, and it still showed 11 stars.

I tried the opposite, that is I changed the Star number to 01 and the item still showed 11 stars.

I even tried freezing a few other values as 0D, no changes..also, since some values are noted as needing to be reversed, I tried freezing the 16th byte (rarity) as D0, and that didn't work either.

The only way to really test this and why it's happening, I think, would be to LEGITLY obtain a 13 star item and look at the rank value for it. As an example, there are only 4 Ranks (C, B, A, S).. 00 is C, 01 is B, 02 is A and *04* is S I believe. Why isn't it 03? Who knows, but logically it should be. So another scenario is that 0D simply isn't the correct value in the client for a 13 star item.

Anyway, I have stuff to do. Post up if you make any progress with this. Tbh I could give a shit how many stars it shows personally, or if it has an S icon, as long as it's the item I want when I equip it. But, I love doing stuff like this, it's interesting, so I figured I'd poke around at it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010 edited

I have to refute the "0D isn't the correct value for 13 stars" because using that value worked on my Tiga De Ragan just fine.
    I guess armor is just handled weirdly.
    • CommentAuthorTsu
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010

Alright, haven't tried with any other items so I didn't know...

Even still, it'd be good to try and figure this out. Maybe later I'll make that color coded image with the byte locations myself..
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman

I just found out that units in your inventory are kept in the 043FXXXX region. Just noting that down.
    Also apparently changing an extra unit into an arm unit makes it still use up your extra slot, despite the icon and description saying it's for arm slots. Perhaps there's a byte further down that determines what slot it goes in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead

Macman:Here's a question I have for you Homing.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter, as i'll drop a Video with the Tutorial which will allow you to easily (atleast quite easily) remodel a Weapon Stat-wise and Appearance wise, you can try grinding it, tell us the outcome

PS: if you don't want to wait,

go to your storage, make sure it is empty, search for FF FF FF FF 00, put in a weapon and search for changed value, remove and repeat the process until you have something reasonable, once you are done, you should have the offset for the Bank Space which is quite easy to operate.

You would just have to adjust your Memory View field for the Bank to show 2 lines, where every 2nd or 3rd line (depending on where you are scrolling) should start with FF FF FF FF

PSPS:
    Does i smell sarcasms in your tutorials :L ?
    • CommentAuthorTsu
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010

Hominghead:PSPS: Does i smell sarcasms in your tutorials :L ?

I'm assuming that was directed at me?

If you think I was being sarcastic (i.e. in thanking you maybe?) you're wrong, I was being sincere.

I appreciate your tutorial and the information about the relevant offsets for weapon/armor values, as I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to hack without that info..and hacking increases my enjoyment of the offline game as many items that exist are unobtainable by normal means.

No more, no less.

If that wasn't directed at me (I dunno who else it could've been) ignore me. :)

Now, if we could just work on some kind of chart, color coded, identifying all the values and locations of bytes (like the ones in the appearance hacking thread), I'm sure we'd help a lot of folks out.

-Tsu

P.S. looking forward to that video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010

Tsu:
    Hominghead:PSPS: Does i smell sarcasms in your tutorials :L ?

I'm assuming that was directed at me?

If you think I was being sarcastic (i.e. in thanking you maybe?) you're wrong, I was being sincere.

I appreciate your tutorial and the information about the relevant offsets for weapon/armor values, as I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to hack without that info..and hacking increases my enjoyment of the offline game as many items that exist are unobtainable by normal means.

No more, no less.

If that wasn't directed at me (I dunno who else it could've been) ignore me. :)

Now, if we could just work on some kind of chart, color coded, identifying all the values and locations of bytes (like the ones in the appearance hacking thread), I'm sure we'd help a lot of folks out.

-Tsu

P.S. looking forward to that video.

Nevermind it, i was just feeling trolled at some point while reading your Tutorial ;T
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacman
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010

Who removed the .txt?
    •  
      CommentAuthoressen
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010

Should be back.
    • CommentAuthorTopJHON117
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010 edited

http://psupedia.info/~essen/tmp/itemslist.txt

Edit : Oups wrong place can you erase this message essen plz
    •  
      CommentAuthorkoinukasuka
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010 edited

OH! one thing i noticed about HEXING WEAPONS is that you can indeed max out your inventory with Swords for example and then goto your room first, deposit said swords into it, THEN do the search for Sword in CE and just go crazy replacing the sword model with all the results that come up shouldn't be too many if you add in the 00 00 00 00 after the model in the array search :3 then go into your PM and you can mess with the * value i the coding so when you go into your PM you see 15* De Ragan Slayers, a whole ton of em, and feed em to your PM for quick levels :3 woot

[edit] in offline mode ppl :3 [/edit]
    •  
      CommentAuthorHominghead
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010

koinukasuka:OH! one thing i noticed about HEXING WEAPONS is that you can indeed max out your inventory with Swords for example and then goto your room first, deposit said swords into it, THEN do the search for Sword in CE and just go crazy replacing the sword model with all the results that come up shouldn't be too many if you add in the 00 00 00 00 after the model in the array search :3 then go into your PM and you can mess with the * value i the coding so when you go into your PM you see 15* De Ragan Slayers, a whole ton of em, and feed em to your PM for quick levels :3 woot

[edit] in offline mode ppl :3 [/edit]

Or you can directly Hack your PM's stats.
    Hominghead:
    Or you can directly Hack your PM's stats.

or i don't know how to do that.........I barely figured out some hacking for weapons..... let alone doing stuff not attached to me or my inventory
    • CommentAuthorPillar
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010

I was in Afghanistan for 14 months and upon my return I was greatly disappointed to realize the truth that SEGA had shut down the US PC/PS2 Server. While being a die hard Phantasy Star fan and having played PSU ever since day one religiously I couldn't accept that my four level 150 characters, with all maxed classes, tons and tons of gear, a partner card list of contacts, and I'm that had taken years to accumulate was just gone.

I disabled GameGuard.des and downloaded the No DVD crack, from Game Copy World, so the game would let me start offline.

I downloaded Cheat Engine and started poking around. I had never hacked or anything like this.

I started trying to rebuild my collection offline to play whenever I feel free. It was slow at first, like I said, this was my first time doing something along these lines. After reading through the forums and learning how to do basic things and completing the Cheat Engine Tutorial I feel like I have a good handle on recovering most of what has been lost.

I have successfully created characters at level 150. Finding total experience by increase in value by an exact number was easy.

I recreated maximum meseta for my characters. Finding meseta by increase in value by an exact number again.

I have recreated armor and units for the characters. Finding the starting armor in my inventory and modifying it to the desired armor to include changing the star rarity rating, changing the rank indicator to S, the element and element resistance percentage. Searching for the items, although successful, has been the most tedious portion of this so far. I wanted to make sure it was easy to convert the units, too. I just bought some low level units for all slots and converted them to my desired units. I know some have said the items in their inventory have started with 07, but for mine most items started with 05 and some started with 06.
    • CommentAuthorPillar

I have recreated desired weapons including Spread Needle, De Ragan Slayer, Ank Buti, Ragan-Ragan, and Gekitsnata to name a few. Ragan-Ragan has a neat effect offline where the ends of it generate dark dust. If that was the same online, I never noticed it. I did these by buying some C rank weapons and changing them after they were in my inventory. Again, finding the right item was tedious, but getting easier. I was able to adjust the star rarity rating, the maximum PP, the rank, and the Att easily when I found them.

I have recreated many level 50 melee, bullet, and technique photon arts. It was a very nice surprise when I found out that offline photon arts retained the same visual effects as the ones online. I had never played AotI offline. I had already played and beaten PSU offline and didn't think much of anything would be new offline in AotI.

I also found out some neat things to do with Cheat Engine. Making your health, meseta, usable items (to include grinders), and PP to remain infinite was different, or making your character and weapon statistics insanely powerful (9999/9999 HP).

There have been a few things that I haven't been able to figure out though. Some people have touched on some of them lightly on some topics here, but I haven't been quite been able to grasp them. Here are my questions:

My main question is about the item list. How many of the items in PSU AotI are online only? I couldn't help but notice the current item list, while including some things I still have yet to see, such as Rutsularod, lacks many rare items. Is it because it is being updated by trial and error whenever someone has the time or are there just that many items that were online only?

Items like Armas Line cannot be equipped by Hunter offline and I am assuming they cannot be equipped by Ranger or Force also. I didn't want to waste my time creating additional Armas Lines for other characters for no reason. Does the game consider Hunter, Ranger, and Force basic class offline? Is there any way to equip items like this without hacking? If not, is there any way to use some sort of God Equip code? It would be nice to equip gear I had been using before and not have to downgrade.

For weapons, I have noticed that the Acc. and Req. do not match up with the online values like the PP and Att. I have been able to change the PP and Att., though. Are the Acc. and Req. attached somewhere that are unchangeable? For a lot of items they are hundreds below their online version for Acc. This isn't a big deal for me, I'm starting my characters out at 150 offline. I was just curious mainly.
    • CommentAuthorPillar

Also for weapons, is there any place to change the grind value? I'd prefer to hack my weapons grind back rather than sit there grinding and restarting the game every time it breaks. Also, not a big deal, 10/10 on S ranks doesn't take that long to obtain.

Do grinders above S+5 exist offline? I tried searching for them, but I had no luck.

With photon arts I was able to make them up to level 256. Does anyone know what the highest usable level is? Is it 50? I had heard rumors of online someday getting them raised past 50. I haven't had any luck offline using any over 50, though.

For photon art percentages, does anyone know if there is a guide that tells what the percentages should be at level 50 offline? My Jabroga says it is 900% attack and my Tornado Dance says it is 385% attack. Is that right or did I screw it up? It was difficult for me to find the PAs in my inventory with Cheat Engine and still difficult to find the level on them and I think I may have screwed up the first few I made.

Another main question I have is how do you alter the Partner Machine's level and your character's class levels? I have tried by searching for an exact value, then by increase, but there were just too many for me to sort through not knowing what to look for. If there is no known way to edit your class level, what is the highest MP mission?

Is there a list anywhere of all the available missions offline after you complete story mode on AotI? I remember in PSU after I beat story mode I was unable to play the Hive anymore because it had been destroyed. Is there anything like that I should be aware of in AotI?

Does anyone have any sort of estimate on when the EGS server will have a lot more to offer towards experience and character growth? When I was online last my character statistics were 100 hp, 1000 pow, 2000 def, 3000 ata, 4000 eva, and couldn't retain experience. Will it be like that for long?

I heard that you can play for free on the JP servers with a US copy. Is that true? Does anyone have any details on how to do it if it is true?

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for any answers!! ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoda
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010 edited

Pillar:I heard that you can play for free on the JP servers with a US copy. Is that true? Does anyone have any details on how to do it if it is true?

Not true, I'm afraid. But what is possible is to download the Japanese client (for free and legally from Sega's own website), set up an account, and play the 'free course.' A few things to note, though:

• Free course is limited. Among the biggest limitations is that you cannot access My Room, or any of the facilities in it, though your common box storage is accessible through shops. That means no PM, no synthing, no shops, and no by-character storage.

• Also, I think you cannot run the 'bonus' missions on free course, or exchange items with other players..not sure on the last part.

• Lag will extend from either tolerable to horrible, depending on where you are situated, since the server is in Japan. It's well over a second for me, and can extend into plural seconds when a lot is going on. Some aren't bothered by it.

• On the plus side, you get stuff as it's released.

• All of your stuff will still be gone.

• Obviously everything is in Japanese. If you know katakana and how to parse together pronunciations, that takes care of most of the game most people care about, though. I've also seen some tools that do some basic Babel-Fishing for you.

As for a step by step guide, there's a few floating around on Youtube and linked here, just browse around a bit. Good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRikku

Pillar:
    Does anyone have any sort of estimate on when the EGS server will have a lot more to offer towards experience and character growth? When I was online last my character statistics were 100 hp, 1000 pow, 2000 def, 3000 ata, 4000 eva, and couldn't retain experience. Will it be like that for long?

That's not too far away actually ^_^;
    Open beta is expected to be around the 15th of October. Everything character-wise should be implemented by then :)! I have no doubt that leveling will be implemented in a few weeks.
    You can see server progress in the "EGS Project" topic forum.

Welcome to EGS!